A normal day?

The day begun as normal with me and my brother Mark walking towards the schools soccer club clubhouse with Mark bursting with energy as usual. He was going on about how he had big plans for the team this year. I smiled as he continued to go on about how much he loves soccer and he wasn't the only one. My name is (y/n) Evans, and my brother was the one and only Mark Evans. We both play for the Raimon Junior Soccer club. Mark was goalkeeper while I was a striker. However, I wasn't allowed to play at the moment as I have recently fractured my ankle and have only just got off of crutches and currently doing physio for it so I can play again in a few weeks.

We walked in and I sighed seeing everyone lounging about not paying attention to the fact the captain and co-captain had just walked in. He grabbed a football and energetically called out to the others "Ok, let's get practicing!" Everyone just ignored him and continued doing whatever they're currently doing. I then stepped in "Come on guys practice, no wonder so many people don't realise this club exists if all of you don't do anything nor put the effort into training. I then grabbed the ball from Mark and threw it at dragonflies head and he fell off the chair and I caught the ball in one hand. You reactions are slow and your not even paying attention."

I walked outside and started hitting the ball of the side till Mark came out. Only it was just him. "Nobody else is coming huh?" I questioned to witch he nodded "Mark, y/n!" We turned around and saw Silvia running over to us. "I'm sorry guys I couldn't get the field for us again." I put a hand on her shoulder and told her it was okay. I listened to Mark being optimistic about how they'll come out eventually and saying the elementary kids were good enough. I knew however once it came to a real game he wasn't going to be much of a defense when people begin to use their killer shots. I had one, but I haven't used it since I became an Evans. I haven't had the right opponent to actually need to use it but there's not much I can do about it.

...

The sun had already begun to set and I was sitting on the hill watching the kids practice with Mark who was saving every shot they seemed to take at him. Maddy came over to me and began to drink her water. "Hey y/n, when you allowed to join in and teach us how to shoot again?" She asked and I smiled at her optimism "The next few weeks I promise". "Yay okay" and with that she walked towards the bench.

I noticed I couldn't here the kids or Mark shouting and I looked up to see Mark wasn't inside of his goal. Instead he was crouching over holding his gut in front of a couple of thugs. I stood up wincing slightly pain I walked down the hill to where Silva was to ask her what had happened when I saw a ball going straight for Maddy. I jamp over the bench and ran in front of her and headed it up. As I readied myself to kick it back at them someone bet me too it and landed in front of me.

I turned to make sure that Maddy was okay and I heard her say "thanks mister and thanks y/n." I turned to thank the guy and realised it was someone from my past, Axel Blaze. "Axel" I whispered he turned to me and nodded "Long time no see y/n, anyway I've got stuff to do" and with that he began walking away. Mark tried to talk to him, probably about his kick or something but he just looked at him and walked away. Something was wrong with Axel, I may not have seen him in years but I always knew when something was wrong and bothering him.

Later that night I was in my bath thinking about the reasons as to why he was here. He wouldn't have know where I was adopted so that can be it. Did his family move or something? I knew his dad was a doctor here but they lived elsewhere. I decided I would try to find out if I got to see him again. As I got out the bath and walked towards my room I heard Mark talking to his grandpa talking excitedly about Axel and how he had such an amazing kick. I sighed he called that amazing yet both me and Axel have so much more power and abilities that Mark could even know at this point.

I went to my room and sat down taking out an old photo album that I had taken with me after my parents died in a car crash on the way to my first final with Axel. I opened it up and I saw a photo of a little me standing beside the rest of the team with Axel beside me with his arm around my shoulder. Then another of us playing soccer ourselves and both of us doing our killer shots for the first time. Another photo was me and my family holding me on their shoulders as I had won a medal, for the schools sports day match. I pulled a necklace out from under my shirt which had a football with my name engraved onto it, this was a gift from Axel before I left.

There was a knock on the door and our mum walked in. It's time for bed y/n, you have school tomorrow. I nodded and put my stuff away as I crawled into bed saying night as she left turning the lights off. I lay there looking at the ceiling thinking of where I would be right now if I hadn't been adopted by Mark's family.