Together again

The next day at school our teacher stood at the front of the class with Axel wearing our school uniform. I couldn't help but smiling at the fact we were back in the same class and we'll probably be back on the same soccer team. Memories of the old days of when we played soccer together flashed through my head as I pulled the necklace out of hiding and into my hand.

I started paying attention when he was told to sit behind me and he smiled slightly when he saw the necklace in my hand. Once our lunch break arrived Mark was straight over to him and introducing himself as the clubs captain and keeper. I whipped my head around when I heard Axel say he quit playing the game. I looked at him and he shook his head. Mark was interrupted when one of the guys said the coach wanted to see him, then proceeded to tell him the club might be getting shut down. I stood up and Mark started going crazy as I grabbed my football boots and left the room with the door slamming behind me.

(Axel POV)

I was shocked to hear the club was potentially going to be disbanded, and admired the passion the Mark boy had about the club. The same passion was reflected in y/ns actions as I knew she was away to relieve her anger and frustration through training.  I watched her out the window leaving the building  in the soccer kit instead of her uniform  and take of running towards the field. I wrote my number down on a bit of paper and ripped it from my book leaving a short message on it for when she returns.

A while later she walked into the class back in her uniform but she was still dripping in sweat as she continued to wipe her face on her towel. She sat down and looked at the paper on her desk. She brought out her phone and a few minutes later I had a text from an unknown number and I knew it was her straight away.

(Your POV)

School had finally finished and we were in the clubhouse waiting for Mark to tell us what had happened earlier. I was sitting on the window ledge with my arms crossed and facing Mark and the others. "We have an expedition game coming up against Royal Academy, if we lose or don't play we're disbanded." Everyone was shouting saying he was crazy for accepting the challenge.

"That's enough!" I shouted over everyone getting their attention. "We can get enough players leave that to me and Mark. As for you lot, you wouldn't be so worried about it if you trained regularly or had killer shots etc. From this point forward you don't get a choice about training.  You will attend training as and when we say! Got a problem with that leave! We don't have time for slackers!"

I then grabbed a plank of wood and wrote in a dark visible marker, 'players wanted' sticking it outside beside the door on the opposite side to the sign that said 'soccer club'. Mark came out with a sign and began to yell about players wanted running around the whole school. I made some posters and stuck them up in corridors and common areas people pass.

Once I was done I made my way to Mark's training area and dumped my bag at the bench and grabbed the ball moving to my tire tree. Mark's had one tire on it but mine had multiple. I pushed all of the tires making them swing at different times and speeds. I then began to dribble past all the tires but frequently got hit or scuffed by the tires. I was dripping sweat by time I heard Mark, it was only then I heard he was talking to someone and I noticed it was Axel, wait how long had he been here.

I watched as Axel jamp the barrier and I ran over to make sure he wasn't hurt. Mark must've been harassing him about joining the club. "Mark you know you shouldn't harass people to join the club." I scolded  and he sighed "I know but he's got such a great kick I just really want to play with him." I sighed knowing the feeling of wanting to play with such an incredible player.

I grabbed my bag and left Mark to train as I ran to the hospital.  I needed to get confirmation that I could play against Royal in a week. I walked in and I made the way to my usual room. I saw dr. Vince sitting in the staff room so I knocked on the door. "Y/n what can I do for you?" I sighed "The team have a game and I wanted you permission to play." He nodded in understanding as we made our way to an empty room.

He examined my ankle getting me to do a range of movements. "I'm sorry y/n but even though the bones healed your muscles are still weak. You could play at your own risk but you could cause further damage to yourself." I sighed and nodded picking up my stuff and walking away with my head down at the news.

I bumped into someone and I muttered a quick apology as I continued to walk. "Y/n!" I heard a voice shout and I turned so see Axel with a look of confusion on his face which was reflected on mine as well. "What are you doing here Axel?" I questioned worried that something was wrong with him. "I'm here for Yukka." My jaw dropped when I heard it was his younger sister. He opened the door and motioned for me to follow.

I walked in and saw the young girl lying in a coma on the bed, not moving a mere inch. I sat down beside her and took her cold hand into mine. Yukka had always been our biggest fan and was like a baby sister to me too. "What happened?" I asked glancing at Axel. He explained how she was hit by a car on the day of the finals for the soccer frontier tournament when he was supposed to be playing against Royal. Since then he had been blaming himself for his sister's accident.