Chapter One

A lot can happen in a lifetime.

Some people are born, grow up, get a job, grow old, and then lay their head on a pillow in their old age, and simply never wake up.

Others have thrillseeking, adventure-filled lifestyles where every day is lived to the fullest.

Then you get those last few who don't really know where they stand, who they are meant to be, or what they are supposed to achieve, and clumsily stumble through life, like I did at the beginning of this tale.

My name is Naomi Valentine, but people call me Nao (nay-yo). I turned seventeen two days ago. I have olive skin and freckles on my face, light brown hair, and abnormally luminescent purple eyes.

Welcome to my life-story.

I think we'll start this adventure in the world that we think we know, and dive just a little deeper into the life of one of your soon-to-be favourite characters.

Los Angeles
One year ago...

The whole scene was overwhelming. The air was so thick I could barely breathe, and the music was thundering, I could feel my heart thumping to the beat.

I was at a party in a huge mansion with my friends Madison and Toby. This place was packed!

"Hey Nao," I heard Toby say, " do you want to get us some drinks? Maddy wants to dance."

"Sure T, I'll be right back."

I made my way through the sweaty crowd to the drinks table, and saw nothing but alcohol.

I felt myself make a face of disdain. Blegh, what a waste of time - alcohol.

"One iced tea for the lady, please," came a voice from behind me as a firm hand placed a twenty dollar bill on the table in front of me.

I turned around to see a massive build. He had dark auburn coloured hair and almost glowing green eyes. About twenty years old, I would guess.

"This lady?" I pointed to myself, seeking confirmation.

He laughed and then replied.

"Who else would I be talking about? Only you have captured my attention tonight."

After downing the iced tea,
I wondered if I should have gotten something for my friends to drink, they did ask for it...
I checked out the dancefloor and saw them still dancing away. No I'm sure its fine!

"Would you like to dance?" the stranger asked. I almost forgot he was still next to me.
"Let's go." I said with a smile.

We made our way to the dining room that had it's furniture moved to one side to render it a dance floor.

We swayed to the club music, moving all around the room. I looked up into his eyes and was met with a curious gaze.
"What is it?" I asked him sheepishly.
"It feels like I'm having deja vu right now. Sorry, does that sound weird?" He replied as he twirled me around.
"It would be if I didn't feel the same thing," I said feeling suddenly displaced.

His eyes bore into mine and it made me question if this was the first time we were meeting. We danced silently for a while after that.

The song was over too soon and I was too caught up in the moment to ask any questions, not even his name. As quickly as he came, the mystery man vanished from view, disappearing into the masses. I felt something bad start to form in the pit of my stomach and I knew that I couldn't let him go that easily.

I turned around frantically trying to see where he had gone, but to no avail. I had no name to call him by, my efforts were futile.

The only things that I could think of were those forest green eyes.

《♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡》

How did you enjoy the first chapter? It's a little rough, I know, but it will get better and longer as this story progresses. This chapter was around 700 words.

Ps. The pic up top was the shade I imagine mystery man's eyes to be like.

XoXo