Chapter 2 - Persona

Amidst the sea of clouds, within the skydom was an airship, on top of which were the bards and their recently-added member, Nio

The endless sight of white puffs were truly stunning to behold. Rays sunlight rained down atop the deck, with most piercing the clouds and fell into the sight below. Sound of winds could be heard hitting the wings of the ship as it flew forward. The deck would shake and vibrate at intervals, before promptly returning to normal after.

Being in the sky was like a whole new world for the harvin girl who knew nothing outside the boundaries of her own village. Her whole five senses were overwhelmed, by being there atop the flying vessel.

The sight was truly stunning for those who had never reach for the sky. Nio, of course, held her breath.

On Nio's face was an expression of wonder, with sparkles could be seen on her eyes. She was being silent, but the look on her face spoke volumes on how she was feeling.

The bards, seeing their new recruit holding back her giddiness, laughed lightly.

"Oh, yeah. I've yet to introduce you the other members, have I?" Karasu snapped his fingers, a smile could be seen on his face as he tapped Nio's shoulder lightly.

Nio's focus turned to Karasu, as she replied only with a small nod.

"This here is Sapphire, our resident dancer. She's of Erune descent, so that'd explain her cat ears. She's also our navigator" With one finger pointed to the cat-eared woman figure, Karasu started his explanations.

"Hiya~! Nice to meet'cha~!" Sapphire replied with a wave and a quick wink, with her other hand on her hips.

"Next's Branwen, the flute player. His young appearance betrays his personality. Oh, and he's also the sail-handler of the ship." This time he pointed with his arm instead of his finger, at one corner of the ship.

"There was an unneeded comment added, but pretty much. Let's get along, Nio." Branwen offered a smile at Nio, whilst continuing cleaning his flute.

"And finally, we have Walt. He's not much of a speaker, and his figure is huge and bulky, but deep down he's a good guy. He's in charge of steering the ship, too." Karasu's and Nio's gaze were aimed at the buffed man who was currently handling a wooden wheel.

Walt only offered a small nod, but his eyes showed sincerity.

Nio nodded lightly at learning her new comrades' names. They were going to live together from now on, so she quickly memorized their names, proof of her determination to get along with the bards.

"So, Nio~? Y'know, I haven't exactly planned our next destination, d'ya have anywhere you want to go?" Sapphire approached the harvin with giddiness, a huge smile on her face. She unrolled a paper in front of Nio which detailed the locations within the skydom

Nio silently looked over the map. It was a brown parchment with dots all over, presumably flying islands that had been identified before. There were also small paragraphs which shortly explained each islands' characteristics.