1

I flip the punk off as I wipe the contents of the cold drink off my face and continue on my way to my job.

  I just started at a gas station/restaurant thing. I'm a waitress there. Oh what fun.

  My head perks up everytime a car drives by, blinding me with their headlights.

  "Almost there..." I mumble to my self looking down at my phone... when it rings.

  I quickly answer it.

  "Hello?" I hummed innocently, only to get no reply. "Um... Helllooo?"

  It was silent, only a hint of static was heard through the phone. I saw Mr.Joes coming up, my new job.

  "Be careful." I deep, raspy, voice hums and goosebumps rise on my arms and my pace quickens.

  A beep rings throw the air, indicating that they hung up. I shove my phone deep into my hoodie pockey.

  My body shives but I ignore the cold and walk faster then before, reaching the door in what has to be a new record.

  As I step in a warm blast of air hits me and food is all you can smell.

  Nice. Almost gives of a nostalgia feeling.

  I smile and walk up to the counter excited.  I just barely recognized the skip in my step. The skip of happiness. It's been awhile my friend.

  "Hello their ma'am, how may I help you?" The well built male at the counter asks with a slight accent. Certainly not from around here.

  A laugh bubbles through my system and he seems to lighten up as I laugh. My emotions tend to effect others since day one. My friends always joked it was a ' super power.' Bur we all know it's just my particular person has a high empathetic level.

  "It's my first day here!" I chirp.

  "Ah, you must be (Y/n)?" He hums as he bends down behind the counter.

  "The one and only!" I watch as he stands and hands me something over the counter and I reach to get it, when a sudden coughing fit hit me.

  It's been getting worse, these coughs have.

  I quickly grab the things and he looks at me worriedly but I shrug it off and head to the bathroom.

  As I step into the public restroom, the first thing that hit me was that it was empty...

  Well then perfectly fine with that~ 

  After changing I look in the mirror.

  It's actually a cute uniform. Simple, yes, but cute. And I look good in it too, so that is a win.

I grab my clothes and stuff them into a backpack I brought with me and then wash my hands, since you have to do that before work, then continued my way to the back to set my clothes down.

  "Hey." The guy from the counter says as he walks up to me and rests a hand on my back.

  "Wassup." I happily say as I look up to him and he smiles back before his face goes back to worrying.

  "Are you okay? If your sick I understand and you can go home." His brows forrow in worry as I freeze and face him, my brows forrowed just as his.

  "I... I... uh... the boss would be m-mad. But I'm not even sick! I perfectly healthy. It's just since I walked here my body was used to the cold and the sudden heat effected my lungs causing me to cough." I rush out a little too quickly, but he bought it. Both of our faces relaxing in relief.

  "Wait..." he says and stops agian. "You walked?"

  "Uhmm... well ...yeah?" I question looking up at him.

  "I'm taking you home then..." He orders and I nod gratefully.

  "That's very kind of you, but only if it doesn't become a problem for you.." I hum with a gentle smile as I set my stuff down and we head back to the front.

  "Oh, it's em.. no problem. No problem at all." He blushes and a slight irish accent hits in.

  "Alright... if you're sure." I hum and pick up the booklet and wave at him before walking off.

  "Hello sir, welcome to Mr.Joes. However can I help you?" I hum, a bright smile on my face abd flipping the pen in my hand.

  The male looks up at me from the menu and his chocolate orbs met might.

  "Hmm... how about this?" He questions and seemed to have pointed at something random since it said.

  Kiddie meal
   Mini-Burger
   Fries
   Icecream

  "Are you sure sir?" I question, confused. While his other hand fidgits with a nearby napkin.

  "Oh." He says looking at the paper and letting out a shy laugh. "I ment this." He finished pointing to the order above it.

  "Alright~ One Sloppy Joe Burger on the way. Do you need a refill on your drink?"

  "No thank you." He softly says and I nod my head and walk away to place in his order.

  ______

  "Here you go~" I say after his sandwhich was done.

  "Wow," He says while looking back down at his watch. "That took longer then I thought."

  "Oh. Im so sorry! They messed it up the first time! How about... em... I'll buy you a desert for the troubles!" I rush out real quickly with wide eyes and he laughs.

  "No, thank you it's fine (Y/n)."

  I freezed up at stared at him with a shocked face,  his seemed to mirror mine before he shook out of it and laughed.

  "It's seems you don't know about your name tag." He laughs while picking up his sandwhich and biting into it.

  "Name... tag?" I look down and a obviouse name tag sits on the left side of my breast. Clearly printing out my name.

  "Oh." I say blushing out of embarrassment and the bell rings at the door. "I must get t-that!" I rush out and run off as he laughs behind me.