Two

Hayley's POV:

Tears stream down my face as I clutch my purse tighter to my body, making my way down my path home. It was near dark and the street lights were almost on. I sigh and vigorously wipe my tears away. I honestly felt like a fish out of water-I couldn't breathe. The events of tonight ran through my mind like I was watching a movie.

Did Kai just choose Angie over me... again? I mean, is something wrong with me?

Am I not attractive enough? What did I do wrong?

I comb my hands through my silky hair and loudly word my frustration.

"I surprised him with a fricking diamond Rolex I saved all summer to buy. Was that not enough?"

He loves jewellery. Angie buys him chains and watches all the time to celebrate their 'best friend' anniversary which Kai likes to call 'Kangie Day'. A day they celebrate to "keep their friendship alive" or some shit like that.

Apparently their mothers were-I mean are best friends since high school and got pregnant the same time. How coincidental!

I roll my eyes just thinking about them. They are so close that they even live beside each other. I sigh loudly. Couldn't they go back to being babies because they didn't like one another? Apparently, Jordon, Angie's older brother was more like Kai's brother. So basically they use to team up against Angie. Since Jordon was so much older than them, him and Kai would take away her dolls, mash her castles and take her as the evil villain that they would destroy. Blah, blah, blah...

Kai claimed he hated mud which is weird because boys are the disgusting ones. But apparently, Angie was the one who loved to play in mud. I guess one day when Jordon had to go to the doctor, Kai had no one to play with because he wasn't going to play with a girl and I don't blame him because the slab of a Angie was playing in mud. I rolled my eyes just thinking about her.

But apparently Angie threw mud into Kai's neck. 'Three years old and covered from head to toe in mud, one hand in her mouth and the other in Kai's neck.' And, they fought. Then magically, ever since that day they have been two peas in a pod. I screamed out.

Wondering how I know so much? Well, they have spoken about this so many times that everyone knows it. People think they are, and I quote, "The Optimum of An Ideal Couple". As if Kai would ever date her. Tonight was basically just him being... brotherly? Plus today is our anniversary and Kai always does things to make me feel special. He's honestly just that type of guy. He's there for everyone. He took me out today to dinner which was so sweet. So I don't think I should be worried. Angie seemed like she needed him when she barged in anyways and I honestly just admire that he'd just be there for her. That's real friendship, right?

"Right..." I said out loud, trying to convince myself. "Then why the hell am I dressed like this?" Today, I wore a short dress that grabbed my waist and bosoms tightly and exposed my legs. There is nothing I hated more than to expose my body like this but come on... Kai likes it, right? I wore my hair in a messy bun just the way Kai likes it. He's always saying how Angie looked adorable. I even wore heels and makeup!! Geez! What the hell am I doing, I look girly and all Angie-ish.

What am I doing?

Girly is just not me. Ponytail, T-shirts, denim jeans, sneakers are totally me. Dresses are really annoying and heels just make my damn feet hurt. Why should I be so evil to myself? Don't even get me started on hair! I hate it. It's very long and annoying and I have no idea how to comb it. I really try, really, to watch YouTube videos but they don't help at all! People believe that because I am an Indian I should like hair. Like seriously? Lucie McGomary is the most annoying one of all. She's my best friend and she is blonde and beautiful. If she ever entre Miss World, no one could phase her. I smiled.

"Hey!" A clap was in my face.

Oh Lucie, you're sooooo gonna live long.

"Hey b-atch!" She wiggles beside me and throws her arms around my neck. I smiled.

"Woow there Halys.. You look like me.. I like!"

I didn't even look at her.. Just pretended like she never said that.

"Lemme guess... Kai? Damn Hayley, you really like him huh?"

I said nothing.

"But it's your anniversary... It's been what.. 5 months? So whyyy aren't you yapping on pointlessly about The Kai Layne??"

I bit my lips so hard I could almost taste blood.

"ANGIE!" Lucie shouted so loud I think the polar bears could hear her.

My heart sunk sooooo far that they almost reach my feet.. This girl knew me so well I'm scared.

"Pssssh no..."

"He chose her again? Knew it Halys! God! I tell you Halys.. They are together!! My blonde intuition telling me he a dog!"

"No Lucie.. Contrary to what you think he is actually a good guy and Angie is just a sis to him."

"Riii sis! Have you seen the vid with Nicki giving Drake a lap dance? Babe I don't trust this 'bro-sis' shit!"

I hate to admit it but she's right... Sigh damn you Luc!

"You know am right.."

We were basically standing in the middle of the street now. I was staring on the road by now.

"It's not like I can just ask him .."

"And why not??" Lucie cut me off

"You're a genius Halys!"

I gave her the you've-got-to-be-kidding-me look.

"Don't give me that.. If I'm wrong which is highly unlikely I'll be the first to apologize"

There was dead silence.....

"Your apology better be epic...."