Chapter 14: Battle on the Bridge! Zabuza Returns!!

Haku's POV

I stretched and yawned as I looked out the window this morning. I let my hair down and put on a pink and red-orange kimono before going out into the woods to collect more herbs for Zabuza. As I was picking herbs, a little bird flew on my shoulder.

"Hm," I hummed, looking at it before smiling and chuckling a bit. The bird tilted its head before flying away quickly, making me gasp. I watched where the bird flew, where I saw one of those ninjas that were protecting the bridge builder with Naruko. I then recognized the boy to be Naruko's twin, cause even from a distance, I could see the similarities between the two. "Huh?" I said. 'Is he dead?' I wondered. The boy then grunted and moved his head. I saw his headband, and I narrowed my eyes slightly. 'I was right, it is that boy.' I then stood up and slowly walked over to the boy. I put my hand out and reached for him, the birds on him flying away, chirping madly.

Naruko's POV

I jolted awake, shaking from a nightmare. 'Damn you, Shukaku.' I thought, putting my head in my hands. I took a few calming breaths, recovering from the shock.

"You all right?" I heard Sasuke ask, waking up. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the current sleeping arrangements were Kakashi in one room, Sasuke and I in one, and Sakura and Naruto in the other. Some might think "Why not put the twins together in the same room?" Well, because that would leave Sasuke and Sakura and that spells disaster because of her fan-girliness and her insane crush on Sasuke. Sakura was only okay with the sleeping arrangements for last night because Naruto wasn't here all night in the end. How do I know? I can sense his chakra and Haku's chakra together in the forest, even at this distance. We can't have it be girls in one room and boys in the other because Naruto and Sasuke might end up fighting and possibly even killing each other. Others think "What?", Kakashi and I think "how?".

"Yeah," I said. "I'm fine." I got up and went to the bathroom to splash cold water on my face. 'I've got to learn to just stop sleeping.' I thought. I could go days without sleep, I just try not to cause then my chakra levels aren't always properly restored or other things happen. I got ready and walked back into the bedroom to grab my kunai pouch. Sasuke gently grabbed my wrist and turned me around to face him.

"Are you sure?" He asked me sincerely. I sighed.

"It was just a nightmare, that's all," I told him, caving in.

"I'm not talking about that," He said. "I'm talking about last night, about your adoptive father. I know you took it hard after already losing two parents." I stayed silent and turned my head away.

"...I'm fine..." I said softly. Sasuke gently cupped my cheek and made me turn my head back towards him. I grunted and turned my head away. I was trying hard to keep my emotions under control and failing. Sasuke gently grabbed my chin and lifted my head.

"Oh, Naruko..." he said when he saw the tears starting to well in my eyes. A few tears started to fall and he gently hugged me. I buried my face into his shirt, trying hard not to cry.

"I miss him so much," I said softly, voice only breaking slightly. "I miss them all."

"I know... I know," He said, stroking my head gently. He then sat down on the futon with me, still holding me close. I sniffled for another minute or two, until I managed to calm down.

"I'm sorry..." I said softly.

"What?" He asked, taken aback completely.

"I nearly cried right in front of you," I said. "I showed emotions..."

"Showing emotions isn't a bad thing," Sasuke told me. "Sure I don't show them often either, but I feel good when I do around you. I wish you would do this more often, especially around me. I wish you'd open up more."