Chapter 13

Diana saw Garrett on the ground, a deep gash on his forehead. The group of possessed closed in on her, ignoring Garrett's prone body.

"How long we've waited for this moment" they all spoke as one. "DianaPierce, here, of all places, Haspieth claimed he'd killed your parents, but I was wrongly sceptical... oh Diana, you once had us on our knees... but now, now I'm going to punish you. I'm going to cut you and rape you until you can't bear it."

Diana started to cry, her fist balled up in rage... she now knew the name of her families killer, she fired all six rounds in her pistol, six bodies collapsing to the ground. They closed on her slowly and she tossed her weapon aside, ready to fight to the death. Then the name rose to the front of her mind and escaped her lips.

"RezKiall Vas."

Immediately time froze, a dark portal opening and a human figure emerged, she took a step forward then froze in place. As the figure approached her it was clearly a man, his body was muscled and tall, the face handsome and young, framed with long black hair that ran to his shoulders. The most striking thing though were his eyes, blue as ice with an almost amusement behind them. Her eyes wandered southwards and she blushed, seeing he wore no clothes whatsoever.

"Jiakornat, what a disgusting creature you are" Rez Kiall Vas exclaimed, walking through the possessed and vaporising them at his touch.

"And what have we here, how does such a young girl come by my name?"

Diana couldn't reply her whole body still frozen in place.

"Where are my manners..." he said, releasing his grip on her.

"I am Diana Pierce, I read your name in a book... I was compelled to read it," she explained quickly, his eyes widening at the mention of her name.

"DianaPierce... here of all places. What would you ask of me, Diana?"

Diana looked away, she wasn't sure... just that these bastards had to die, then Haspieth.

"Come now Diana, why so hesitant?" He asked her, his voice calm and soothing.

"Because there'll be a price... and I don't wish to pay it" she replied, feeling more confident as she spoke.

RezKiall Vas smiled wickedly, stroking her face with his smooth fingers.

"Perhaps make your wish known, then I may be open to bargains" came his reply.

She thought long and hard, looking into his eyes the whole time.

"I want these... things gone for a start" she began, her eyes running around the dozens of figures standing frozen around her.

"A trifling act, what is your true wish?" He asked her, leaning in so close their lips nearly touched.

"I...I want Haspiath dead, and Jiakornat... I want vengeance" Diana said to him defiantly, grabbing his forearm tightly.

Rez laughed, pulling her tightly to him. She could feel him pressed against her thigh, but it wasn't unpleasant if she were being honest.

"That'smore like it Diana, a true test of my power... but alas, there lies an uneasy truce amongst the elder gods. None may kill another without unbalancing the power scale" he explained, whispering in her ear.

"Then what can you do for me 'elder god'?"

"I can give you the power to do such a thing... well, the starting point anyway."

Diana liked the sound of that, to kill them with her own hands.

"And what would the price be... my soul I expect?" She asked, unconsciously wrapping her arms around him.

Rezstiffened, making their close proximity... cosy.

"No Diana, I have plenty of those setups... I want something more when the time is right, you will give up your virginity to me."

Diana grabbed his face and kissed him, such a price she would gladly pay for her vengeance, with one caveat.

"One addition to our deal, you'll marry me first," she told him sternly.

"ButI'm a god..." he started, seemingly staggered by her request.

"Myma wanted me to marry upwards, can't marry much higher than a god I think."

Rez kissed her once more, unable to refuse her it seemed.

"Very well, our bargain is struck... why not test out your new power my bride to be," he said to her, turning Diana round and towards the crowd.

"Just let your imagination do the work, Diana, as you destroy their followers the power goes to the slayer. One day you too could be a god."

Diana took a step forward and envisioned her attacker's deaths vividly. She opened her eyes and snapped her fingers, the multitude of people exploding in a frozen shower of gore.

"A natural talent I see, but a word of warning Diana... the witch, do not let her touch you. She can see us for what we are, the only one we fear."

Diana nodded in reply, flexing her power and pulling her pistol back to her hand. She really could do things within her imagination. Time returned to normal as Rez vanished, the exploded bodies raining over the ground. Diana picked up Garrett with a great effort, rolling him onto the wagon and repairing the wheels with her new power. Climbing onto the wagon she grabbed the reins and cracked them, alone with her thoughts on the road home.