The Girl

The sound of alarm clock filled the room right in the morning. "Oh my god! Shut up!!" Tasya tries to turn off her alarm clock which was her phone for several times until it shuts. It was a usual morning to her; buzzing alarm clock, school and hiatus in the morning.

"Sis, you really should lower down your voice everytime you wake up from your sleep." her sister said while still closing her eyes.

"Huh! Yeah, right... You need to wake up too you know. You usually take a much more LONGER time to prepare yourself up to go to school." Tasya exclaims while throwing her pillow at her sister's face.

"Oh yeah? We'll see." Tasya and her sister both grab their towels and race to the toilet, only to see both of their toilets in the house were occupied.

They both walk towards the living room to watch the television while waiting for their parents to come out. Tasya had went to her room to get her phone before going to the living room. She was playing around with her phone when she heard a news about a girl that was still missing for 3 weeks.

"Can't they just send the CSI or police to find the girl?"her sister asks. "I'm pretty sure they did. Maybe they just couldn't find her yet." Tasya explained.

It had been three weeks ever since the girl disappeared. Tasya didn't know who that girl is but because of her often appearance on the news, she came to know her name and how she looks like. 'Amanina.' She's the same age as her, though they don't go to the same school.

                         🔯

"Ok, bye!!" Tasya greeted her parents before getting out of the car. "Did you watch the news today?"her best friend asked. "Kind of, why?" Tasya asks remembering that she and her sister didn't finish watching the television as they rushed to the bathroom as soon as their parents came out of the toilet.

  "They still haven't found the girl yet. Isn't it weird? Like seriously we have CSI and all but still couldn't crack the case." "I guess it is..." "I wonder how did she really go missing." Tasya just simply nods.

  Her thoughts went far away from the classroom during the classes. She doesn't know why but during these past few days she keeps on having dreams,thoughts and imaginations. She couldn't control her head that it feels like it's controlling manually.

  Her desk mate nudges her elbow to keep her from distracted. Tasya immediately came to reality looking straight at the teacher. "Miss Natasya. May I have you repeat my explanation just now?"her teacher asked.

  "It's about the Cold War."her desk mate whispered before Tasya stands up. Tasya explains thoroughly about the Cold War without leaving a piece missing leaving her friends gawking and the teacher smiling.

  "As usual, a promising answer from Ms Natasya here. You may sit down now, Natasya."her teacher said. Natasya did as the teacher says leaving her desk mate to give a her a big thumbs up at her face.

She just simply smiled and cracks a bit. She was grateful that her desk mate was there because everytime she was in trouble her desk mate would help her to overcome the problem.

  During recess Tasya went for her break with her best friend. Her desk mate joined her too as her friend didn't come to school today. Her best friend and her desk mate's best friend sit next to each other in class which makes them close to each other.

  "Daydreaming again?"her best friend asks worrying about her best friend which seems to be worsening.

  "Yeah, she didn't pay attention at all during all of the classes..."her desk mate explains while taking a bite on her sandwich.

  "Maybe you should go see a doctor or something...?"her best friend offered.