Pre- Chapter 1 The Past

My name is Ariel Stranton. I live in New York City. I'm 16 years old.

Let me start from the beginning?

When I was 4 years old my parents divorced. My dad was an alcoholic and a jerk.

My mom was a workaholic, who I never saw.

They divorced because my dad started developing a really awful drinking habit, doing drugs, stuff like that.

My mom of course got custody of me and my 1 year old sister. We had a home in the heart of New York City, all alone, with no one to protect us.

About 6 months after the divorce my mom started drinking, a lot, She eventually lost her job. That's when she started verbally/physically abusing me, but not my sister. She said it was my fault for our dad leaving, my sister did too. I think they blame it on me because I'm the first child, I look like him, and have a lot of the same characteristics.

Even though my sister doesn't remember my dad, she learned from a young age, mom will hurt her if she's says any different.

I actually think she's starting to believe it.

After about a month it felt like I became Cinderella. I was doing all the chores, helping my sister and mom.

When I wouldn't do my chores my mom would take me to our basement with no windows and she would leave me there untill she remembered I was down there.

Everyday I would go to school and get made fun of for being different, for having scars, for having bruises, and for having cuts.

My teachers would ask me questions if my mom ever beat me or anything like that and my mom told me if I ever told any one she would kill me, so I always said I mess around a lot and get hurt.

This went on for years till I was 16 years old. I will never forget coming home and feeling the hope of someone taking me away from that hell house.

I will never forget the day I went to my very first foster home.

November 30, 2012.

To this day I don't know how they figured out what my mom was doing to me. But I am SO great full to whoever did. Or I was at the time...

*************

Hey everyone! Sorry about the short chapter, but I'm starting this book and it's a half true story! I'm sorry about mistakes I'm a new swriter but if you like it maybe vote or comment? :) I hope you like it!