Chapter 2: Poem Panic

Seeing that Sayori is the only one I really know in The Literature Club. I use cute words that Sayori like, like happiness and puppies. Now it's time to go to bed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Timeskip: Next Day

"Welcome back, (y/n). I'm glad you could make it." Monika smiles. "Don't worry Monika, I might not be that much of a writer but I at least keep my word." I smile. "Thank you for keeping your promise. I know you don't know much about literature so it may be hard on you but..." Yuri stammers before Natsuki interrupts. "Oh come on Yuri! He doesn't deserve any slack. Sayori said that he didn't want to join any clubs in the first place!" Natsuki complains.  I begin to back up slowly, scared of what Natsuki will do. "I don't know if you're here just to hang out or what...but if you don't take us seriously, you won't hear the end of us!" Natsuki yells, storming off. "That's a big mouth for someone who keeps their manga collection in the clubroom." Monika teases. "MANGA IS LITERATURE!" Natsuki screams, angrily plopping down in her seat. "Don't worry guys, (y/n) always gives it his all, as long as he's having fun! He helps me with my homework without me even asking! He even helps me clean my room and cook!" Sayori smiles. "So dependable." Yuri smiles. "Sayori, that's because you almost never clean your room and you nearly set your house on fire when you tried to make those brownies last fall!" I complain. "O...Oh. Now I remember." Sayori says, her face crimson red.  "You two are really good friends, aren't you?" Yuri asks. "You and (y/n) can become good friends too." Sayori smiles. "Ummm," Yuri says, blushing a salmon pink. "Yuri even brought you something today!" Sayori smiles. "It's a short read and mabey...we could....r...read together?" Yuri asks. "Yeah, that sounds like a lot of fun." I smile as Yuri goes and reads at her desk while Natsuki, appears to be getting her manga collection from the closet. I start to get tired of listening in on Monika and Sayori's conversation and start to close my eyes. "Ahhh! Sayori!" I squeal. "Whoops, sorry...wait it's your fault for nodding off like that."  Sayori teases. "Says the girl who oversleeps every day," I complain. "Fine. You got me there." Sayori groans.  "Your hair is sticking up in all directions and you have a toothpaste stain on your collar, you don't even have your blazer buttoned up. See why you don't have a boyfriend?" I complain. Everyone looks at me in silence. "Here let me help you," I say buttoning up her blazer from the bottom. 

(If anyone was wondering, yes

(If anyone was wondering, yes. This is the actual cutscene from the game.)

"Ehehehe." Sayor giggles. "This is kind of weird." Sayori blushes. "What do you mean?" I ask. "I was just thinking how weird it is to have a friend who does these kinds of things." Sayori blushes. "Ugh. Does this thing even fit you properly?" I say, struggling to button the blazer. "I guess I had a growth spurt again." Sayori giggles. "Really Sayori?" I blush a deep red. "There, you look a lot better already." I smile, buttoning the last button. 

"Okay, everyone! Time to share the poems we wrote!" Monika announces. "Yay! I can't wait to read yours (y/n)" Sayori smiles. "By the way. Did you remember to write a poem last night?" Monika asks. "Y...yeah." I stammer. I have never written a poem for class before so I'm really nervous. I decided to share my poem with Sayori first, seeing that she is the only one I know that well. "Oh my goodness, this is soooo good (y/n)" Sayori smiles. "Sayori, you must be seriously overreacting. I barely even knew what to write. Are you sure you don't just like it because I wrote it?" I say. "Hey. I know you better than anyone else so when I read your poem it's not just a poem...It's a (your nickname) poem." Sayori giggles, hugging the paper against her chest. "You are so weird Sayori." I giggle.  "Now you can read my poem." Sayori smiles, handing me her poem.