Between a Rock & The Sazon Scented Sea

A/N: I took this story down a few years ago because someone had stolen and posted it on another platform pretending it was theirs. However, now that that has been cleared up, I decided to bring it back. I am so sorry to those of you who added it to your reading lists, followed or commented on it the first time, only to have it removed. I hope that you are still interested in this tale. While it was down, I edited it and added some new characters. I hope that you enjoy this new version just as much as the old one.

As much as I feel I shouldn't have to say this, I'm going to say it anyway: Please do not steal, copy or otherwise plagiarize my work in any capacity. Everyone on this site is here because they love to read, love to write, or both.  And it's not fair when someone comes and takes their hard work and tries to pass it off as their own.

Anyway, enjoy the story everyone!

                                                      ________________________

"It is a big world, full of things that steal your breath and fill your belly with fire...But where you go when you leave isn't as important as where you go when you come home."

-Lindsay Eagar-

Music pumped through the massive sound systems, as swaying bodies littered the neon dance floor. Bartenders hurried to fill the never-ending piles of drink orders as the waitresses struggled to balance it all on neatly stacked trays, before dashing off to serve the waiting party-goers.

Bouncers patrolled both the perimeter outside and the crowded inside, looking for any who were trying to disturb the jubilance of the club. Limber trapeze artists dangled from silken cords, and reinforced ropes, attached to the ceiling. Delicately, they stretched their bodies and twisted into unfathomable positions to the beat of the music. It made them look more like club decorations than humans. Live art for the viewing pleasure of the clubbers.

In the middle of the floor Arsetti danced without a care in the world. Hips swaying to the music as she eyed the tall, dark and handsome man across from her, dancing sensually with a sweet blonde girl, who looked much too pure to be in a club like Paradise. Though beautiful and with a body made for sin, the blonde seemed young to Arsetti, and looked like she hailed from a very religious family. Once again, this club was no place for such a girl.

Paradise was the hottest club in Miami and a favorite of hers. It was the best place in the world for a club kid who just wanted to dance and an even better place for supernaturals to mingle without restraint.

The club held a mystical vibe that lent to the illusion that the creatures that filled it were all make-believe. Simply, people in costumes living out their wildest fantasies but unlike the humans here, especially the poor blonde girl, Arsetti knew better.

She eyed the guy across from her seductively, watching as his eyes slowly lifted from the neck of the beautiful blonde, he had been inconspicuously drinking from, to meet hers. Giving him a wicked smirk, which he gladly returned, he offered her a drink from the poor blonde's wrist.

He had wrongly assumed that she was like him, a vampire. She couldn't fault him for his assumptions; the pheromone glamor she had spelled earlier had still not worn off. So, by scent alone, she would seem like one to him and others like him. There weren't many conjurers in Miami, so to blend in she often used a glamor.

Better to be a vampire in disguise than a conjurer in a city with little to none. For very good reasons, those like herself that still resided in Miami chose to live on the outskirts of the city. Shaking her head, she rid herself of those morbid thoughts and brought her attention back to him.