Chapter 2 Training.

A couple days passed since Emma got Chance.

they have been doing ground work and trying to get a bond, today was the day when she was going to ride him. Her mother and father watched Emma mount Chance. 'I hope Chance doesn't buck... ' Emma thought. She started to walk him around the arena, "Your doing well, Emma!" Her mother called smiling but scared that she would fall off. Emma nodded to her mother. "Now, slow trot him." Her father said. Emma made a clicking noise with her tongue. Chance started to trot but got faster, "bump him." Her father told her. Emma bumped Chance a few time which made him slow, "Good boy, Chance." Emma said smiling.

Emma rode Chance for 30 minutes till she dismounted. They started their way to the field to wash and set Chance out in the field. Emma let Chance go our in the field. Emma smiled and walked off to the barn to put her halter up. "There!" She said smiling. Emma's neighbor walked into the barn and waved her hand, "Hey!" She turned to see another one of her friends, Cece. "Hi.." Emma greeted her. Cece tilted her head, "I heard you got a horse!" Emma nodded, "Yeah, his name is Chance." Cece crossed her arms, "I like that name." Emma smiled, "Thank you." She said sweetly. 'Go away...' Emma thought. "To bad... That you have to compete." Cece said cockily. "In going to compete against you with my horse Bell..." She grinned and walked away. "I hope she steps on you." Emma growled.

That night.

Emma had a nightmare that Chance was going to buck her off and step on her at the competition...

Emma's mother POV.

Clair (Her mom's name.) was cleaning the living room till her husband Mike walked in, "Emma and Chance are working well together, don't ya think?" He said sitting on the couch. Clair smiled with worry. "Yeah... She is I'm just worried about her." She mumbled fiddling with her hair strand. "No need to! She's doing great!" Mike said smiling and walked over to kiss his wife on the cheek. "I'm going to bed. Night." "Goodnight, love." She mumbled and continued to clean.