Scheming Mother (3)

Sofie analyzed the situation. It was at this moment that she realized, she had no clothes to switch into.

"...I'll borrow some from Harriet."

She entered the room quietly, and there she saw Harriet, sleeping peacefully... and quite messily as well. Her arms were all over the place, and saliva dripped out of her open mouth.

"Was I really that unruly?" Sofie shook her head. Maybe this was the reason why Elliot woke up before me.

She opened the wardrobe, and the sight of the variety of clothes greeted her eyes. She nodded in satisfaction.

Picking out a dress, she tried on one that Sofie had bought for her, telling her she would look beautiful in it. Of course, this was a massive lie, but her naive past self still bought it.

"I kind of get why Sofie wanted me to buy this now." Sofie looked at the mirror in awe. The dress was not suited to Harriet, but rather, to her instead!

She spun around, the dress fluttering in the wind.

"Gorgeous!"

That six years of marriage to the freak was not for nothing. She took all kinds of classes, learned how to play different instruments, and studied business and finance just to be his match. Her fashion sense increased while she did all of that.

After deciding on the dress, she wore heels that looked perfect when paired with the dress. She also put on long gloves and tightened them. Finally, she put on some makeup, not too little, not too much.

Harriet woke up with all the noise she made. She rubbed her eyes, stretched her arms, and yawned. "Sofie...?"

Sofie turned around and saw Harriet staring at her dumbfoundedly. She sent a smile and walked toward her.

"Harriet, you should know something..."

"Ah, eh, what?"

"I will confess to you. The dresses that you bought, were all for me." Sofie said matter-of-factly.

Harriet, having just woken up, didn't mind anything. "Huh, okay."

"Let me dress you up now." Sofie lifted Harriet off the bed and put her on the floor with a thud.

"Ouch, Sofie. Why did you do that?" Harriet looked quite cute as she scratched her head in dissatisfaction.

Looking at Harriet, Sofie thought, "How did Elliot not fall in love with me?"