Chapter 18 ~ My Mortality

A/N: Two posts in two days! Yay! Sorry for taking so long on posting. College this semester has been... well, horrible and time consuming and I haven't had a break once. ANYWHO! This gif has NOTHING to do with the story but Chris Evans is soooooo f-ing fine. Like wooooowiiiiii! Enjoy the chapter, there is more to come, I'm currently working on chapter 19. And please don't forget to vote, comment and tell people about this story :) Thanks my loves!

I woke up stiff indicating that I must have been asleep for a while. I felt my chest hurt as I remembered the vividness of my dream and felt my eyes start to water. I didn't want to wake up fully and let him go. It was bad enough that I'd had such a realistic dream about him and now I had to wake up.

I took in a deep breath and let out a small whimper of pain. Something cool touched my cheek and I squeezed my eyes even more tightly shut. I couldn't shake the dream. The feeling of Jasper's hand on my cheek was too real. I realized that if I didn't wake up now, it would just hurt me even more when I woke up later.

I opened my eyes and looked at my illusion. Jasper was laying beside me, his head rested on his hand that he'd propped it on. His hand lightly traced the skin on my face. I looked at him confused. His perfect face was just inches from mine and I knew that it wasn't real so it just made my heart hurt a little.

"You're awake." His southern drawl perfected by my mind. One of the better ones. I blinked a few times as I tried to remember the last thing that I knew was real. I remembered Alice coming back and being worried because–

The crash.

"Damn." I mumbled as I scrunched my eyebrows together.

"What's wrong, darlin'?"

"I'm dead, aren't I." I said more as a statement than a question. "I did die in the crash. Dang it. Renee, Bella and Charlie are going to be so upset."

"You're not dead." Jasper frowned.

"Then why am I not waking up?" I quizzed.

"You are awake, Louisa."

"Sure." I laughed darkly. "That's what you want me to think. And then if I do wake up – which I won't because I'm dead – it'll be worse when I do. This is... not entirely awful for me. But for everyone else..."

"I can see why you might confuse me with a nightmare." He gave me a sad smile.

"No." I shook my head. "If I was in hell, you wouldn't be with me."

My groggy brain soon cleared up and I looked out the window to see that it was dark out before looking back at his face. I felt a little stupid because the past three days were in fact real. My cheeks began to heat up with a blush at my stupidity.

"So everything that happened really happened?" I asked.

"If you refer to you almost being massacred in Italy, then, yes.

"You know, I've never traveled out of the United States." I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair. "How did Alice get me a passport so soon?"

"It's Alice." He stated, obviously. I let out a small laugh at that. He was right.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I asked him.

"About fifteen hours." Jasper said, trailing his fingers along my jawline.

"Charlie? Bella?" I asked.