Where will she go?

"No, that can't be she is just a little girl." Amanda said to Benson in disbelief. "Well it is, even though she looks young she is very mature, she had to grow up very quickly because of the father.". The two officers wished that they would have been able to save her sooner but at least they got to her when they did. "Okay well we were able to charge the father with rape, abuse, neglect, endangerment, attacking a police officer, possessing drugs,and the list goes on. We did what you said Liv, we got creative with the charges. But where will she go? Now that we know she is pregnant none of the foster systems will take her, not even the ones for teens.". Liv knew Amanda was trying to help but her worries for the redhead grew everytime she thought about Sorcha not having anywhere to go. Their conversation was interrupted when the girl came out of the bathroom wearing the clothes Amanda had bought for her. "Do you like what I bought sweet pea?". She ran over to Liv and gave her a hug, mainly because she was not familiar with the blonde. "They are very comfy and warm. I haven't had clothes like this in a very long time. Thank you." she said to Rollins while she was attatching herself to Liv. "I am very glad you like them. I got them just for you. My name is Amanda by the way. Liv tells me your name is Sorcha. Is that right?". The redhead looked at the blonde and smiled as she nodded. "Amanda do you think you could sign the papers? I need to talk to Sorcha for a minute.". Without protest she left the room to do as her boss asked. "Okay Sorcha I need you to listen to me very carefully" Benson started to say as she got on the girls level "If you don't want to carry the baby you don't have to. You have options. You can terminate the pregnancy, put the baby up for adoption if you don't think you can keep it, or if you want to you can keep the little one you are carrying inside of you." she explained. "Livie, I don't want to get rid of it. I know I am young, maybe too young but I want to keep it. I want to give this child the life I never got, I will love it with all of my heart. I will not let this child pay for what my father did to me." she said with maturity. Maybe she was ready. "Okay as long as you are sure. I will support your decision no matter what it is." Liv said to the beautiful girl infront of her. "Thank you Livie. For Everything." she said before giving Benson a hug. A tear escaped from the older woman. How could she love this girl so much? "Liv the paperwork is done, we can go now if you want." Rollins said as she entered the room.
    The three of them went into their cars and drove to the precinct. "Amanda, do you think it would be possible for her to stay with me until they can find a place for her to go?" Olivia said quietly so that Sorcha wouldn't hear her. Liv wanted more than anything to take this child in but wasn't sure if family court would think the same thing. "If you feel attatched to this girl I would foster her and if they can't find a family member to keep her, I would proceed to adopt her.". This decision was the one the older woman wanted to make but had to go to family court first and see what the judge said. Fin and Carisi approached Benson and Sorcha. "Hey we got him, the trial is in two weeks so we need to prepare the little one for court. Do you think she will be okay to testify?" Fin asked. "Don't worry I'll talk to her but I would say to see if he will take a plea." she responded before taking the girl to the child's questioning room. "Okay Sorcha, I know this may be very scary and frightening for you but I need to know if you will be okay with testifying against your father. All you have to do is answer the questions you are asked honestly and tell people what your father did to you.". Sorcha stood there and looked into Liv's dark brown eyes with her own blue-green eyes. She put her trust in the woman standing before her. "Yes, as long as you will be there. I trust you and I have nothing else to fear, my father can't touch me now.". The confidance in Sorcha's voice was something Liv had almost never seen in any child her age that went through what she was forced to. This girl was very mature and grew to trust Olivia Benson with her life, she felt safe with her, a feeling she had never felt except for when her mother was alive. "You are very brave Sorcha." Benson said with a smile upon her face. Amanda walked into the room. "Hey Liv, I know you probably didn't want me to do this but I talked to the judge and she said that she is able to see you and Sorcha in about ten minutes so  you can foster or maybe adopt Sorcha. I know you probably hate me but it needed to be done. This is the best option for everyone.". Liv couldn't be mad she wished more than anything to adopt the girl. "I am not mad. I should be but I am not. Thank you.".
Later in the Judges Chamber
   "Olivia Benson, do you wish to foster and to eventually adopt Sorcha?" the judge asked. "Yes, I want this more than anything." she replied. "I know you are fit to have a child so we do not need to go over that but now if you would kindly leave so I can ask this girl a few questions. You understand.". "Of course." Liv said before leaving the room. Now Sorcha and the judge were alone. "Sorcha, do you trust Olivia?" the redhead thought this was a silly question. "I trust her with my life. She is the only person who has ever made me feel safe, Livie makes me feel just as I did when I was little and my mother was alive." Sorcha explianed. "Okay well do you wish to live with her?". "More than anything. Please don't make me leave her.".The judge heard everything she needed to hear to make her desicion. "Don't worry sweet girl, I never plan on it.". The judge stood up and walked out of the room followed by Sorcha. "Olivia, I know you will be the best gardian of this child. You are going to be able to foster her for a year and then make the choice to adopt her if that is what you both wish to do. Now the next decision that needs to be made is the last and middle name of Sorcha. Do you wish to change it?". "I have never had a middle name, and if it is at all possible, I would love to change my last name.". Olivia looked at the child. "Okay what do you want your middle name to be?" she asked interested in what she would choose. "I want you to choose." the girl insisted. "Okay, what about Rowena?".Olivia had always wanted to give this name to her first daughter. "Sorcha Rowena Benson,I love it. It has a nice ring to it." Sorcha said proud of the name Liv had chosen. "Okay then it is final. I will print out the Birth Certificate and give it to you. I know I have made the right choice." The judge said before walking off to print the birth certificate. This was one of the happiest days of both of their lives. Many pictures were taken so they would always remember the day Sorcha got a mother and Olivia recieved a daughter. The bond between these two would only grow, of course they would have little fights as most children have with their parents but that is normal. Nothing can get in between or separate them and if anyhing ever tried, they would have the wrath of Benson to deal with or the persistance of Sorcha to get used to. This is only a happy beginning to a life of happiness andthe first chapter in their book.

Okay so I really like writing this story and I hope you like reading it. Please comment and let me know what you think. Also I don't really know how like adoption works so I just winged it. The way I wrote it seemed to flow better with the time line that I have for this little story.