The History of the Chamber?

Minerva stands before the class. Resting on the desk in front of each student, is a different animal.

"Today, we will be turning animals into water goblets." Minerva said as she stood and looked to everyone. "Like so." She taps the bird in front of her, three times, with the tip of her wand. "Vera Verto." She said and it transfigures into a beautiful crystal water goblet.

"Now, who would like to go first..." Minerva said and I sank down in my seat, hoping I wouldn't be asked due to I couldn't see or touch the object before she asked and besides, I didn't want to be in the spot light due to I just got a reply back from the Dursley's, and I shuddered to think of this summer to come.

"Ah. Mr. Weasley?" Minerva said and I sighed in relief. "One, two, three. Vera Verto." Minerva said and Draco, Neville and Hermione watched.

Weasley nods clearing his throat. He taps his rat, Scabbers, who turns into a goblet with a tail and many people laughed as Weasley glared.

"You must practice that spell, Mr Weasley." Minerva said and then she turned to Worthless who was trying to hide. "Ms Worthless let's see you try." Minerva informed to the one that is excellent in the Transfigurations field and I cursed mentally.

I nodded and sighed, waiting to make a fool of myself when Fawkes came and Minerva looked shocked and Fawkes sat at Worthless's desk and wondered what he was doing here. "You can do it." Fawkes said and I smiled lightly. Glad that my feather duster was here.

I pointed my wand. "Bit to the left." Fawkes instructed and then I did as instructed by him.

"One, two, three...Vera Verto." I said and Fawkes transformed into a flaming goblet with a gold ring and I was beaming as Potter was glaring as people was awing.

"Well done, Ms Worthless. 10 points to Gryffindor." Minerva said with a smile that was rare and Hermione patted my shoulder and Draco and Neville was smiling. Minerva turns Fawkes back and the Phoenix landed on Worthless shoulder.

"Well done." Fawkes said to me.

"Thanks to you." I muttered and Fawkes rubbed against her and Minerva was shaking her head confused,

Minerva sees Ms Grangers raised hand with her untouched animal and Minerva wonders why she hasn't gotten started.

"Yes, Miss Granger?" Minerva asked and I looked questionably at Hermione and so did Draco and Neville.

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets?" Hermione asked and I looked to her in disbelief but turned towards Mcgonagall questionably.

A hush falls over the class. "My subject is Transfiguration, Miss Granger." Minerva informed Ms Granger, hoping to get out of telling the students.

"Yes, Professor. But there seems to be very little written about the Chamber of Secrets. For those of us with a personal interest in the subject, that is... disturbing." Hermione informed to Mcgonagall hoping she would answer the question to get more insight on the subject.

Potter regards Hermione with chilly amusement. Finnigan was eyeing me and Neville and Draco was glaring at Weasley, Potter and Finnigan due to their glares on the girls and they didn't like it.

Minerva considers Ms Grangers question for a long moment, then nods in agreement knowing the students ought to know. "Very well. You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not."

"Three guesses who?" Weasley whispered to Potter earning a glare from me as I heard this. I knew that history was a lie on Salazar Slytherin.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, purebloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. According to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber of Secrets and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic." Minerva said and I looked to her.

"Muggleborn." I said to her and Minerva motioned to her, saying she's right.

"Yes. Naturally, the school has been searched many times for such a chamber. It has never been found." Minerva said and I had a very bad feeling that I would find the chamber than the teachers.

"Professor, what exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?" Neville asked and Minerva looked to him for asking noticing that his confidence has risen from last year.

"The Chamber is said to be home to something which the Heir of Slytherin alone can control. It is said to be home...to a monster." Minerva informed and she hoped it wasn't like the last time.

Draco's eyes shift to Potter who sits calmly, smiling to himself. And Draco didn't like how he was so calm whilst there's danger and with that, Mcgonagall got back to teaching but in mine, Neville, Draco and Hermione's minds there were questions running about the chamber itself, and who opened the chamber.