Chapter 1

Author's note: I NOT own Frozen. This is simply a fanfic. Most of the book will be written in Ellie's POV, but I may change it. When I do, I'll say so.

Anyway, this is my first book! I'm so excited!

BTW: In the Media section I have a picture of Ellie in her party dress. (:

Ellie's POV

A knock sounded at my door, waking me up.

"Time to get up, Princess!" a voice floated through the door. It was my favorite maid and playmate, Lily.

I groaned and rolled over as the door opened. I cracked one eye to see a dress hanging on a hanger. For a moment, I was confused. Why was there a fancy dress in my room? Where were we going today that I had to wear something so-

"Today's your birthday! Aren't you excited?!" Lily cut off my thoughts. She was a energetic girl about my age, with red-brown curls and dark brown eyes.

That's right! Today was my birthday! My tenth birthday! I rocketed out of bed, making a beeline for the bathroom. I yanked a brush through my tangled hair, brushing my teeth at the same time.

Lily giggled, skipping into the bathroom behind me and taking hold of my hairbrush. She untangled the knots, pulling the brush gently through my bird's nest.

After she finished, she braided my now silky blonde hair into a upside down french braid bun, or what I liked to call a "braided bun." I slipped into my birthday dress, which consisted of a ice blue strapless top with purple lace overtop and pink lace sleeves, a wide purple ballgown-style skirt with pink lace overtop, pink tights, ice blue elf shoes, and ice-blue gloves and cape. I loved it. It had all my favorite colors, and it was cool but appropiate.

Mom was letting me wear some makeup for the first time today. She said to not go overboard, and to not get used to it because this was a speical treat. I dusted my cheeks with blush, then washed it off with a giggle when Lily noticed it was too much. She tried again, and it was perfect. Next, I glossed my lips with some of Mom's sparkly pink lip gloss. (I didn't like lipstick, I'd tried that in secret a year ago and hated it!) Lily didn't put any eyeliner or eyeshadow stuff on me, because Mom said no, but I did get to use a teeny tiny bit of mascara.

Next we dressed up Lily. She protested, giggling, but I didn't let her get away. I teased her hair into shoulder length blonde ringlets, then she tried on some of my dresses until we found the perfect one.

Usually our palace servants would be working during the party, not partying, but Lily was an exception. I'd bugged Mom until she gave in, but that wasn't very much because she was going to let Lily come with me anyway.

Lily was now wearing a purple ballgown with green lace overlay. She had a purple cape like mine and purple elf shoes, and some gold jewelry that made her hair pop. I put some pink lip gloss on her too, and against her skin color, it almost looked purple.

I examined us in the mirror and smiled. "We're ready!"

Author's note: OHMYGOSH! I'm done with my first chappie! YAAAAY!

Here are the links to the girls in their party dresses:

Lily's:

http://oi59.tinypic.com/r9pmj8.jpg

Ellie's:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2wrkc4h.jpg

I'll post them in the comments too. (;

~Dancer