Chapter 6

Ellie's POV

I stopped at the top of the steps to look for my friends. I still couldn't believe I had the powers, but Connor was right. Conceal it, don't feel it, don't let it show.

Outside Mom was making an ice ring for everybody. Whew. She still had her powers.

For a moment I wondered if this was all a dream. No, because when Connor pinched me it hurt. I sighed, spotting my friends in the gardens. I raced down the steps toward them. I was sure they'd love the hideout.

The hideout! I spun around and raced back to the castle. I'd forgotten the chalk and the snacks!

I'd already collected the chalk, so I just picked it up on the way  to the kitchen. I was almost there. I slipped inside and filled a basket with cans of soda and some crackers.

I zipped outside, running down to the gardens.

____________

Connor's POV

"Hey guys, me and Ellie found something really cool," I said.

"Really?' Leah asked. "Where?"

"This way." I led the younger girls toward the bush, hoping the frost inside wouldn't still be there. I poked my head in first to make sure.

Nope, it had melted off in the past 15 minutes. I went in and gestured for the girls.

Lily was the first, gasping as she came inside. She went over and sat down on a branch at the far end and gazed around.

Annabeth came in next. She didn't say anything, just sat next to Lily, eyes wide.

"WOW!" Exclaimed Leah, slipping past me.

"Yeah. Ellie found it." I explained.

"Wow." Leah repeated, a bit softer, as Ellie came in. She set down the basket and opened it, taking out a few peices of chalk and setting them down next the the black wall. She kept one and wrote: 'Our New Hideout' in swirly blue letters. Then she took the basket over next to Lily and slid the wood off the refridgerator. Out of the basket came 10 cans of soda and a box a crackers. She put it all in the hole and closed it with the wood.

__________

Ellie's POV

"There we go!" I said cheerfully, plopping down on a branch. Connor sat next to me. "When you guys are done gaping, we could go out and play another game," I suggusted.

Leah nodded, shutting her mouth and standing up. "Let's go!" she exclaimed, heading out.

Lily and Annabeth followed, me and Connor close behind. Once we were all next to the rosebushes, I started to think of a game we could play.

"I know! Ellie, do you have party games?" Connor asked.

I nodded. "Pin-the-tail-on-the-monkey, Paint-ball target practice, Hopscotch & Jump Rope Challenges,  and a couple more," I recited, grinning. Paintball had just been invented, and it was fuuuuuuuun!

Annabeth's eyes grew wide. "Let's do Paintball!" she said excitedly, jumping up and down. All of us knew how much of a tomboy Annabeth was. I wasn't sure howe  her mother got her into the dress she was wearing today.

The others agreed, and we trouped across the lawn to the games. I set up the targets and handed everybody a paintball gun.

__________

Annabeth's POVWe were having a ton of fun trying to see who could get the most bulls-eyes. So far me and Connor where fighting for the lead, and Leah was close behind. Lily was doing okay, but Ellie was in last.

All the same, we were all laughing and having a good time.

I'd just hit my 15th bulls-eye when four guns appeared over the courtyard wall. I didn't notice them at first, but then a paint ball whizzed past me and hit Ellie in the head.

I giggled, wondering who was up there shooting paintballs at us. But then Ellie collasped.

__________

Author's Note: Another cliff-hanger! I've decided that when I start to get burned out on writing this, my updating scedule will be every Saterday if I can and if not I'll try to update ealier.

Don't forget to like, vote, and comment!

~Dancer