Chapter 3

Elmo gazed at the lovely tangerine gentleman across the table. His eyes were so transfixing, reflecting the warm glow of the candlelight from the table. He didn't notice how long he'd been staring, until Donald did. They'd pretended it was just a nice night out, but who goes to a candlelit restaurant for anything but romance?

"Elmo?" Donald broke the silence. He'd been gazing into Elmo's entrancing obsidian eyes for a good while.

"Ye-yes, Donald?" Elmo could feel his heart pounding, his stomach fluttering with a mixture of delight and tension.

"Have I ever told you how absolutely stunning you are, darling?" Trump's voice was as soft as his lucious, silky hair.

Elmo's heart felt like it skipped a beat, maybe even two. Was that what Donald really thought? Such an admirable chief executive, thinking such scandalous thoughts about him.

"Re-really, mister president?" Elmo's eyes gleamed with hope and awe.

"Absolutely, darling," Donald reached over the table to gently cradle Elmo's chin in his sturdy orange hand. If Elmo's face could've gotten more red, it would've.
"I-I love it when you call me darling, sir," Elmo stammered, flustered.

"Call me Donald," his voice was soft and alluring.

Elmo gave a soft gasp, and melted a bit into Donald's hand. It was like they were the only two in the world. Donald and Elmo. Hey, maybe they just were each other's world at this point. Donald could see the stars in Elmo's eyes, and Elmo, the planets in Donald's.