|1|

He isn't feeling good, not at all. The nightlight his mom gave him is broken and because of that the darkness is keeping Jimin up all night. The room is quite dusty, and maybe his eyes are deceiving him but the light emerging from the moon was showing tiny specks of dust floating in the air. He really misses the shadow that had the shape of stars over him. But even if he thinks it's there, it's not. Jimin hugs his teddy bear tightly which had the sweet scent of cotton candy. It's soothing and keeping him from crying or panicking. On the alarm clock, 10/11/04 and 23:58 is written across the screen. It is past his bedtime, and he knows it won't be good when midnight rings. He feels it, he even has goosebumps just thinking about it! His lips makes a soft pout when the clock changes to 23:59. He doesn't want to get taken by the boogie man! No! His sad face goes to fear right when he sees the clock pointing to midnight. A cold breeze flies past him, he could see a man in the shadows waiting in the corner of his room. The small man was wearing a fedora hat. His dad liked wearing fedoras.

"Da..Daddy?"

He began to feel a little better... maybe it was his dad! But the thoughts were erased from his mind when he saw bright green and fluorescent cat eyes staring at him. He wanted to hide under his blanket but Jimin was frozen in place. Nothing wanted to move. The man approached him and stopped at the side of his bed before putting his hand on Jimin's fluffy brown hair. Then it all happened. All he could see is darkness until a cute bright green cat silhouette was running around in the darkness. Jimin giggled but no sound came out. The cat kept doing circles until suddenly, it jumped at Jimin with a big malicious smile. Then the little boy passed out.

~

Since that day, Jimin wrote every detail he had in his dreams and nightmares. The morning after the mysterious man came into his room, he told everyone about it. But they all laughed and ignored him. Even his parents didn't believe him. Jimin was sure it was magic! But now, we're in 2019 and the world is defined by science only... He didn't stop writing his dreams in notebooks tho, but the nightmares are damaging his mental state. He still writes them because it helps him feel complete, but he doesn't believe in magic anymore.

His days at the coffee shop are terrible. People are mad at him for putting too many shots of espresso in their cup, not giving back the correct amount of money. No tip... He really was a zombie. The dark circles under his eyes seemed like it was right out of a horror movie. It was creepy, but it wasn't his fault. It was the nightmares fault. After thinking about everything, Jimin suddenly snapped out of his thoughts from Namjoon clapping his hand in front of him.

"You better clean the tables or the boss will fire you..."

He looked at Jimin with a sad smile patting his back trying to comfort him but that didn't really work. Jimin gave the same sad smile to Joon before leaving to go clean the tables. Guess he's going home late tonight. He's really slow and keeps thinking about how he's going to sleep with the bad dreams coming this night. After cleaning a big stain of coffee on the table, Jimin stretches his back and lets out a whine. This work was really hurting his back, always cleaning the tables and working so much. He wasn't even supposed to work at a cafe, but he needs money and that will do. He just got out of university and he's still waiting to find something that will make him happy but these nightmares are too much for him. He changes his clothes and counts the tip he got that day. Only 3 dollars... Anyway, Jimin shouldn't be surprised, so he takes his stuff and says goodbye to Joon before leaving the coffee shop. Making his way home he notices the moon is big and beautiful with the soft blue light covering the city. It made him think of something but he doesn't have time for this, he needs to get home before any weirdos try to rob him.

When he gets home, everything's the same. Boring walls and thirsty dried plants. He goes into his room, the only place people should feel safe in but it's really not that for Jimin. Something was off, the window was open. It was closed every day and every night, he was sure he locked it too. Maybe he was too tired to close it this morning? Ignoring that he changes into his pajamas, Jimin sat down on his bed and started to play games on his phone. It's not helping him a lot staying up all night but he's tired of having nightmares and almost wanting to throw up every morning. Even if it became almost his morning routine.

It's almost midnight and it feels weird. Maybe because it's only the second time he stays past midnight? Jimin stared at the old notebooks stacked beside the clock. He got up and took all the books to open them on his bed. He felt the urge to do that. Jimin puts them in a chronological way so that it starts from his first nightmare to his last. He opens each of the yellowish pages and sighs. What am I gonna do with these when science is saying that they are lies, he thought. After reading a bunch of pages, midnight arrives.

For Jimin it was not a big deal, it's just a time that means there's a new day. But when a big fat crash could be heard in the bedroom, it wasn't anything for him anymore. He looks up at where the sound came from and sees a sparkly dust trail from the open window to the bottom of the bed. He doesn't even move, he just hopes it's not a joke from a dumb kid that once threw a tiny firework thing in his room. Right after Jimin made a move to get out of bed, a man jumped on his feet and waved at him with a big smile. He was in a red suit decorated with stars that were shiny and yellowish. He had parted red hair with stardust between his every strand, almost like a rose dipped in gold.

"Who are you?!"

Jimin was scared, scared like hell. Why did an alien just crash into his room?

______________________________

YAY! It's out! I'm really happy and hope you liked this first chapter! See you next time