Another Trial

You glance to your right to see (f/n) jogging in place, warming up for the 50-meter dash. You stretch to prepare for the sprint and conserve energy. To get the best speed possible, you have to absorb someone's energy while you run. If you absorb your friend's energy, she'll get a slower time since you're both running at the same time. You watch the other students running, determining which one will have the most speed. As your time approaches, you see the boy with engines on his calves run at an incredible speed and feel confident that absorbing his energy will make you very fast. At last, it's time for you to run alongside your best friend. The test begins, and you dash towards the finish line. Since you're so good with your quirk, you amplify the energy you absorb when you use the energy. Your classmate's jaws drop as you finish with a mind-blowing time of 2.15 seconds.

     "(y/n)!" your friend exclaims as she sprints over to you. "How did you go so fast?? That was insane!"

     "Let's just say that it wasn't my speed that got me such a fast time," you reply as you point to a confused and exhausted boy.

     "Oh my god! You used Tenya's energy?!"

     "Of course. We're supposed to use our quirks, right?"

     "Yeah, good point. Thanks for not using my energy!"

     "Don't mention it. Besides, I wouldn't want to worsen someone else's performance, especially not yours." You smile and (f/n) comes in for a big hug. She always gives her friends plenty of hugs, even when they're covered in sweat from running a 50-meter dash.

     The other tests were just as easy as the first. You nearly broke the grip strength-reading device from using multiple students' energy in the grip strength test. You could have cleared the sandbox twice during the long jump. Tenya Iida was drained once again when you amazed in the repeated side step test. When the ball throw test came around, everyone was in awe of Ochaco's throw - she used her quirk to make the ball fly through the air endlessly. You had to acknowledge the fact that she was easily the best, yet not necessarily the best to absorb energy from. Since her quirk alone is what got her an "infinity" for her score, you had to pay careful attention to the other students to see who got the second-best score. Midorya was able to throw the ball very far, but you couldn't absorb much energy from him for some reason. Instead, you used Bakugou's energy; he was the jerk who placed first on the entrance exam and tried to pick on Ochaco.

     "What the h*ll?," Bakugou yells. "How'd you get over 1,000 f**king meters, b*tch?!"

     "It's all thanks to you; I absorbed your energy. Without it, I would have never got 1,287 meters' distance. I guess I should be thanking you."

     "D*mn you, b*tch!!" You try to keep your snickers to yourself. Looks like he finally got what he deserved.

     After the remaining three tests were complete, Mr. Aizawa, your teacher, wrote up the results and showed the class. You looked to discover your ranking:

(y/f/n/): 1st

Momo Yaoyorozu: 2nd

Shoto Todoroki: 3rd

(friend's full name: f/f/n): 4th

Katsuki Bakugou: 5th

Tenya Iida: 6th

Fumikage Tokoyami: 7th

..........

     You were exulted to see that you were in first place, and that your best friend was in fourth. You were delighted to see that Tokoyami was in the top ten. You knew he'd never come in last, yet you still let out a sigh of relief when you saw he was far from last place. It felt nice to see that you and your best friend beat that jerk, Bakugou. It still feels incredible to be in first place. Curious as to who you'll say good-bye to, you look further down the list: