Chapter 5

~ April 2, 1 wk ~

I sighed as I walked beside Jack and Alice. She had come to the school to pick Jack up. We were all headed to the K.O. Burger. Once we dropped Jack off, Alice and I were going to get a bite to eat then we're going out. She didn't say where though.

When we arrived at K.O. Burger and headed inside, Jack disappeared in the back. He came out seconds later with his uniform on. He took our order and we sat at a table while we waited.

"So, I have a friend joining us. He's meeting us here then we're heading to our next stop.", Alice said.

"What's his name?", I asked, she looked at me.

"His name is Brian.", Alice said.

"Are the two of you good friends?", I asked.

"In a way, yes. We're comrades so. . .", Alice stated.

"You kinda have to be. You never told me, what do you do?", I asked as I took a sip of my pop.

"I work for the government. In a way, I'm a part of the army.", Alice smiled as Jack set a tray in front of us.

"Thanks, Jack.", I smiled.

He nodded and walked back behind the counter. When I was halfway done with my burger, a man sat next to Arcee. He looked pretty heavy in weight but his muscles clearly state that it's just how he is. I felt the  seat move as someone sat next to me. I watched as a familiar hand grabbed a French fry from my box of fries.

"Really, Miko?", I questioned and looked over at her, "Is this a new thing for us?"

"Yes.", Miko stated with a grin and ate the fry.

"Here. Go buy yourself some fries.", I smile and set a $5 bill on the table.

Miko grinned, snatching the bill and stealing another fry as she got up. She walked to the counter as I shook my head.

"How long as she been doing that?", The man asked.

"Since I met her in preschool.", I shrugged, "It's typical for us."

Miko sat down beside me and handed me the change. I shoved the dollar bills in my pocket and gave her the change.

"Brian, this is Janice. Janice, Brian.", Alice said and gestured to the man.

"Nice to meet you.", I smiled.

"This is Janice? The Janice?", Brian asked Alice.

"Yes, now shush. He told us we were to not speak of it.", Alice stated, "He wants to introduce himself properly to her."

"What are you guys talking about?", I asked.

"Someone who's excited to meet you.", Alice smiled, "He's planning something and that's all I can say. Now, let's finish up so we can go to our next stop."