Chapter 18

~June 24, 13 wks~

I looked at the text and my heart dropped. It was from Orion.

"I heard you had an appointment. Why did you tell me?" - Orion

I took a deep, shaky breath and responded.

"Because. . . I'm afraid of what you'll think of me." - Janice

It didn't even take a full second for him to respond.

"Janice, I will never think anything different of you. I'll tell you what - I'm coming to pick you up. There's something I want you to see." - Orion

I didn't respond, I only slipped my shoes on and waited for him. I was eager to see my boyfriend after 5 weeks of no contact.

"Where are you going? I want to talk to you.", Jack asked.

"I'm going on a date. Orion's on his way to pick me up.", I explained.

"Are you going to tell him?", Mom asked.

"I'm going to tell him.", I confirmed, "After I get over the fear of judgement."

I heard the horn that belonged to my boyfriend's semi and headed out to see him. He leaned out the window, a smile on his face.

"Come on!", He grinned.

I smiled and ran over to the semi. The passenger door was opened for me. I climbed in and buckled myself in. I smiled as Orion drove to toward the desert. Did he know about the pod? Orion drove deeper into the desert than Mom and I went. When we came up to a cave, he drove inside. When we were deep into the cave, he hopped out and I followed.

"Why are we here?", I asked, confused.

"You trust me, right?", Orion asked.

"Of course I do! If I didn't, I wouldn't have let you take me deep into a cave in the middle of nowhere.", I grinned.

His face turned dead serious which scared me a little. He's never been so serious around me. My eyes widened twice their normal size when Orion fizzled out of existence. His semi started moving and creating a new form. My heart pounded as a robot was formed. . . Damn that robot was hot. I had no words. The robot took that as an opportunity to speak.

"Hello, Janice."

I gasped and nearly fainted, "O-Orion?"

He nodded, "Orion Pax is my old name. I use it to keep my true form a secret. My current name is Optimus Prime."

"I think I'll stick with calling you Orion.", I said as I approached him.

He chuckled, his face going to the happy Orion that I know.

"What did you want to tell me?", Orion asked.

"It's better if I show you.", I said and pulled out the pictures of the baby, "It's ours."

He turned back into a semi and the hologram or whatever he uses appeared next to me. I handed him the photos.

"The baby has my frame?", He questioned.

"Our frames. Three days after our date, I found out I was a Cybertronian. An alien. The baby got both our Cybertronian genes I guess.", I smiled, "I have a-"

I paused and checked all my pockets and the space around us.

"Something wrong?", Orion asked.

"I have more pictures but I must have dropped them at the house. We have to get them before Jack sees! Who knows what he'll do!", I said and went to get back in the semi but Orion stopped me.

"He knows I'm Cybertronian. Jack has been working with me and my team since before you got pregnant.", Orion explained, "Do you know if it's a boy or girl?"

I shook my head, "Doctor couldn't tell because of the different species."

"I know someone who can tell us.", Orion said, "I trust him with my life."

"Then I trust him. For now, can we go home? I'm exhausted.", I said.

Orion nodded and brought me home. He ended up carrying me to bed because I was already falling asleep. He even slept with me.