Chapter 27

This chapter is dedicated to MaryKLago, AmetistMarabouh ColleenFH Hallihallodu NightcoreJade

Xavier's POV

It took two weeks, two painful, heartbreaking and traumatising weeks to finally get through to Toby.

He fought me at every turn and made sure to make my life a living hell. I lived with him because one, I don't have anywhere to stay and second, I was not going anywhere anyway.

Every time I tried to get him to talk to me, hell even to just look at me he fought me. He didn't want to even listen to a word I said.

I was loosing hope fast and I didn't have a clue as to how to fix our broken relationship. I did something I promised myself I wouldn't, I gave up and I was almost out that door and out of his life forever because clearly we weren't going anyway and there was only so much I could take before Axe broke down and he really rejects us. I thought I'd simply give him some space and let him come back to me when he's ready.

We started screaming at each other when he realised what I was about to do. We ended up in ecah others faces, spit flying as we roared out how we felt. He burst into tears halfway through and I just grabbed him. We clung to each other and we both started crying.

We laid there on the stained, chipped, kitchen floor as we held each other and the tears stopped falling. And then we talked, softly and shyly at first then we just couldn't stop.

We talked about our pasts, what we kept hidden from each other, what it felt like for Toby to grow up basically to be a killer and for me with no parents. We talked about our future and about the pack and Sebastian. We talked about us and what we wanted. I apologized profusely for my words and he made it clear he didn't appreciate being talked to like that.
We talked so much, laughed a little bit in between and just held each other.

A few hours later we moved to the bed and had supper in bed. All the while we still talked. I didn't realize how much we didn't know about each other and in a way I appreciated the separation because it made me realize I was so focused on the war, we both were we didn't make time to listen to the other person and get to know them.

Hours later I knew so much about Toby and him about me I felt like I was apart of his past and was there for him his whole life.

"Will they hate me?", Toby asked softly from behind me.

I turned to look at him and eyed him up. He looked a lot better than when I came here over a month and half ago.

"Not one bit. They may not know why you left but if you're honest with them, they'll understand instead of judge you", I said honestly.

He looked relieved and beamed up at me.

I couldn't help but lean forward and kiss him softly on the lips.

"I love you", I said soflty against his lips. He just smiled against my lips.

"What sandwich do you want?", He asked me instead and stepped forward to the vending machine to look at the different sandwiches.

We were at the airport waiting for our flight to depart. We were flying back home today and boy am I ready to go home. After finally talking things through we stayed two more days before I asked him, tentatively, if he was ready to go home. And here we are.

"I don't know, they're expensive as hell", I said, chuckling soflty.

"You have money", He said with a smirk.