The Question

Alex p.o.v
It had been almost a month since Thomas and I's first date and we hadn't seen each other since, but we texted non-stop.

Lauren's was just about ready to kill me over how much I talked about him, and Peggey legitamatley said she would "skin me and sell me for a pair of knee high boots". I know it doesn't seem scary, but theres a lot of punch in that small body of hers.

Me, Laurens, and the Schyluers have a Christmas eve party every year, and after hours of arguing the sisters said I was allowed to invite Thomas. I was so excited at the idea of him attending this tradition, but now that it was time to ask him, I could do nothing but nervously stare at the send button with Laurens sat next to me, laughing at my incompetence.

"Dude. It ain't that hard. You see the blue button? Press it, and the hard part'll be done. Your message magically gets sent to Thomas' device and then he'll respond a couple minutes- or hours later."

"I know that, smart ass. I just...what if he says no?"

Lauren's laughter died down and they frowned after realizing just how nervous I actually was.

"Babe, you're going to be fine. If he says no, he's the one missing out."

"But if he says no I'll lose my sense of self worth, I'll fall apart into never ending darkness, my heart will shatter and the pieces with float off into the wi-"

"Okay okay! I got it, you'll be sad and shit, but you know you'll be wondering about it for the whole night if you dont ask."

"I just dont want something bad to happen."

They looked at me affectionately.

"What if something good happens? Stop being stupid, there are tons of people who would do anything to be with you."

"But I-"

Lauren's smacked me on the back of the head, narrowing their eyes.

"Okay, no more wallowing. Press send or I will."

"What!? No! Laurens!"

"5."

"Are you counting down like my mother or something??"

"4"

They were fucking counting down. Wow.

"Lauren's quit!"

"3"

They reached a bit towards my phone a bit and I jerked back.

"2"

Fuck fuck fuck fuc-"

"1."

I pushed send and held the phone out, directly in their face.

"Okay okay, there! I did it!"

Lauren's chuckled.

"Good. Now pay attention stupid. He's already read it."
-----
Two days ago, Thomas said 'maybe' to me asking him to the Christmas party, and just a few minutes ago he finally gave me a real answer.

'Turns out I'm free darling, see you there <3'

God, I was so fucking relived when he finally said yes! It was like....like, that feeling you get when you thought you completley bombed a test but actually got like a high B. So now I was out, searching for decent presents for him and the sisters. The sister were easy, I would get Peggy some pop dolls and the newest diary of a wimpy kid book (she had the whole collection) Angelica would get a bunch of new books (dear God that women read more than me) and Eliza...well, when we dated she always use to say she would kill for a pet hamster so, I'd probably get her one of those.

Lauren's was pretty easy too, I know they needed new art supplies, I just need to figure out what kind. 

Thomas was the hardest . Lovely, mysterious Thomas. He said he loved music and that he use to play violin when he was little, but that he had broken it when he was young and never had thought to take it up again, so i was thinking something around the lines of that. Possibly a record player though too. He said he had gotten a lot of vinyl from one of his maids before she'd past away but he never had anything to play them on.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out, glancing at it. What a coincidence, it was Thomas.

Thomas😶: Hey darling. Are you busy?

God...I love when he calls me darling.

Me: Not at all, whatsup?

Thomas😶: Just real quick, what's your favourite colour?

Me: Green...?Why?

Thomas😶: Oh no reason. Thanks love, ttyl.

Me: Bye?

I stared down at my phone. Why did Thomas ask for my favourite colour? What is the adorable idiot planning?
-----
Imma give yall a hint. The colour is for the gift Thomas is buying Alex. What do yall think it is? -El