[1]

Luke

Luke hated the sound of the 5th period bell. Of course it sounded like all the other bells, but it was 5th period Luke strongly disliked. To his dismay, it was P.E time (despite all the times Luke tried to make his mum sign the wavier). Luke wasn't fat, P.E was the one of the classes he shared with infamous football star: Calum Hood. He was always judgmentally staring Luke down, watching him as he lifted or did sit-ups. One time, Luke had overheard Calum criticizing some freshman who was a little on the chubby side, while complimented sophomores on their drastic body changes.

Due to his mother, Luke was never the "bad boy" and was pretty much the humanoid sun from The Teletubbies. Luke couldn't complain, or worst argue, against his mother. Or there would be a beating in his near future. So Calum and his little gang of 2 other guys was a no-go for Luke.

"Hey, Hemmings," Ashton, one of Calum's gang members, stopped Luke in the hall. Automatically, Luke's heart went from 0-100, and he was close to shaking in fear.

"Wh-what do you want, drummer?" Luke asked, with a strange sense of confidence. Maybe it was him tired of being picked on, or maybe he was asking for a death wish. Ashton, surprisingly, smirked. His arms rippled, showing off his impressive biceps. All that drumming in band class must really pay off with the ladies.

"It's not what I want, it's what Cal wants," Ashton said in a "duh" voice, leaning against the lockers. Luke hated Ashton's snobbiness, and just wanted him to get to the point. Luckily, the late bell rung and Luke was ready to make a run for it.

"Shit... Anyways. You're invited to lunch, loser," Ashton walked away grinning, leaving Luke dumbfounded and very shocked. Lunch? If anyone knew a thing or two about Calum, it was that there was a lunch table strictly meant for his (muscular, and rather amazing) ass, and his ass only. The only other people allowed to sit there was his gang and anyone invited. And now, giant, awkward, straight A student Luke was chosen to sit with them. It may not sound like a big deal, but hell, it was to Luke.

It's probably a trap, Luke shook his head, almost laughing. It was so funny how anybody would've just screamed in joy, naïve to Calum's dignity crushing plans. And Luke knew he was smart enough not to fall for it.

---

My cover was inspired by Michaelsvans' "Blind" js