chapter 2

Meanwhile with Patch...

"What's going on?!" Patch yelped as he was in some sort of portal which was taken him far away from home.

"Of course, I didn't know it at the time, but I was in for a big adventure that holiday season." Patch's voice narrated.

"Ooh." The puppies voices smiled.

Patch soon yelped before landing in a huge snow pile. He then poked his body out before shaking the snow off, but didn't feel that cold as he had a sweater on that Jessica made for him from Home Ec in school. "Where am I?" Patch asked as he got out of the snow before shaking the snow off his body.

He began to wander around for a bit until he soon came up to a red and white striped sign and looked up to it to see 'WELCOME TO THE NORTH POLE'.

"The North Pole?" Patch asked. "Why did my dog tag send me here?"

"Someone needs help in the holiday spirit." A heavenly voice told Patch.

"Annabelle, is that you?" Patch asked.

A pink bubble seemed to appear and it popped to show the pink whippet angel.

"Aha, it is you." Patch smiled.

"Patch, you seem to be losing your Christmas spirit this year." Annabelle said to the young Dalmatian.

"Losing my Christmas spirit? What do you mean?" Patch frowned. "I've just stopped believing in Santa Paws."

"That's what I mean, my dear child," Annabelle replied. "You have to believe that Santa Paws is as real as you or me, so that's why I sent you back in time to find out more about the Christmas mascot for the holidays of dogs everywhere."

"Well, okay." Patch said.

"That is why you are going on this adventure to find out more about Santa Paws and where he came from." Annabelle smiled.

"Ohh... Okay." Patch said as he made his way to the workshop.

"Today is a special celebration for Santa Claus." Annabelle smiled.

"Really?" Patch smiled back before looking in through the window with her to see that there was indeed a celebration inside of the workshop as the elves seemed to be having a good time with Santa and Mrs. Claus. "What's the celebration?"

"Well, Patch, take a look around and tell me what you see." Annabelle replied.

Patch looked to her before looking in through the window and saw a cake with candles on it which only meant one thing. "It's his birthday." Patch smiled.

"Of course," Annabelle replied. "And very soon, he'll be given a very special gift from a friend of his."

"Ooh." Patch smiled.

Annabelle smiled to Patch as they began to watch the celebration for Santa Claus as he danced with his wife as the other elves watched them.

"So when should I make myself known to them?" Patch asked.

"Just watch for a bit," Annabelle suggested. "I want you to see where Santa Paws came from."

Patch looked to her as they watched the party.

"I know it looks like a fun party, I just want you to see when Santa Claus and Santa Paws meet." Annabelle said to him.

"I hope it is if you're making me sit out here in the snow." Patch rolled his eyes playfully to the archangel of Dog Heaven.

Eventually, two elves came out, a normal one wheeling a wagon over with a present and a dog elf with an envelope in his mouth. Patch soon saw Annabelle frowning and he had a feeling it had something to do with the envelope.