family affairs....

'Did he come down after all ' Han-Ah thought about Yoongi might come down, while being in disbelief.

She turned her head to the entrance behind her...

H:"Oh, it's you..." she saw her mother standing with crossed arms at the kitchen entrance, standing there looking at her daughter making up a new recipe.

A:" Why so disappointed? Aren't you happy to see me?"
Offensive and sarcastic comments were her trademark. As well as her raised eyebrows which she automatically pulled up to intimidate her opponent.

Oh... how much Han-Ah hated this look.

H:" Hello mother..." She replied to her mother coldly while not letting go of her eyes fixing the hot pan she was frying meat.

Just as Alice approaches her daughter to embrace her, Han-Ah pulled back looking at her mothers face with disbelief why she would want her closeness all of a sudden.

A:" What? Am I not allowed to embrace you anymore? I'm your mother after all."

H:" Hmh..", she chuckles sarcastically still  keeping her gaze down on the pan.

H:" I'm just surprised,
calling someone,  who's only daughter has been away for so long and not even bother herself to make at least one call  in all those days , MOTHER.
Is not really suited. Don't you think?" She turned away her head from the food and fixed her eyes on those of her, so called, mother.

A:" Well....I...ahm..you know how it is....I mean I was busy...."

Han-Ah interrupted..

H:"It is okay, mother, I don't bother. I know Japan couldn't wait. And the business of course..."

She turned herself away from her mother to reach some ingredients as Alice grabbed her wrist.

A": Listen, I'm sorry. Really...I'm sorry.
How has Europe been? Have you got to see Gordon Ramsey? And Sergio Hermann, did yo met him? How is Sophie Pic doing?"

H:" Woow, I'm impressed! You even remembered them surnames! Congrats. I'm surprised. Really!"
She talks to her mother in a sarcastic tone what caused Alice anger about her daughters  disrespect to increase.

But Alice gave up on arguing with her since Han-Ah is a grown up now and she knew that her daughter would not give in no matter how strong Alice's arguments would be.
She noticed the hurt feelings of her daughter as she asked on when Han-Ah arrived from her trip.
Han-Ah just remained silent.

As Alice was about to leave, she put a little red box with a golden ribbon on it, near Han-Ah's hand and said,
" Happy Birthday Han- Ah."  And went off.

She stood there on her own, her eyes fixed on the little present her mother left to her and tears were flowing down to her cheeks.

After calmly swallowing the next tears that were ready to fall,  she took the little box considering if she should open it or not.

She sat down on the red highchair next to the entrance.
Holding this little red box in the one hand, wiped off her tears with the other and opened it....

A sparkling golden ring, for Han-Ah?

- 이 반지는 평생 동안 지속되지만 우리의 사랑은 영원히 지속됩니다 -    S♡A -

((I banjineun pyeongsaeng dong-an jisogdoejiman uliui salang-eun yeong-wonhi jisogdoebnida.) This ring may last a lifetime but our love lasts forever.)

'This is...' she remembered suddenly ...

'with this ring father has made the marriage proposal. But why.... Oh ...now I remember!'

She was only 13 years old when she understood the meaning of those words her father dedicated her wife at the day of their wedding. He was so touched by her admiration for him being romantic, that he and Alice promised Han-Ah the day she would be old enough she would get a ring similar to the one her mother wore.

But why would Alice give Han-Ah, Hyuk-Shi's ring? Did she want to conclude with her dead husband? Did she wanted to give up his love by taking her ring off her finger? Just like that?
After all those years of marriage? It was almost 5 years since he was gone now.

But since she is in a relationship with this Japanese guy, Han-Ah understood she would want to free herself from the past.

Even thought she could had avoided Hyuk-Shi's death by telling him the truth about her affair.
Only then he could have stopped blaming himself for her cheating on him with the new guy she got herself,  still being married to her husband.

He knew everything....he saw so much. Still, he kept silent. Hoping she would change her mind, confess and apologize. He was hoping, she would quit the affair herself and return to her husband by herself.

He made Han-Ah promise him to never mention anything, to never talk to her mother about her affair. She must act as if she didn't know.

Until today it stayed that way. Shi-Hyuk took this secret into his grave. And Han-Ah kept it in her heart.

She didn't broke her promise she gave her father, not once....