Chapter 11

A dazed Malfoy slumps out with Crabbe and Goyle. Ron and Hermione stood besides Harry's bed along with Megan. Ron grins as he stands beside Harry's hospital bed while watching Madam Pomfrey pour out a steaming beakerful of liquid from a bottle of skele-grow. A group of Gryffindors, including some teammates, stand nearby.

"He should have been brought straight to me! I can mend bones in a heartbeat -- but growing them back --"

"You will be able to do it, won't you?" Both Hermione and Megan ask at the same time.

"I'll be able to, certainly, but it will be painful. You're in for a rough night, Potter. Regrowing bones is nasty business."

Grimcing, Harry takes the steaming cup and drinks it.

"Well what did you expect? Pumpkin juice?" All of a sudden, they were all blinded by a flashing light of a camera. It was Colin Creevey.

"That was brilliant today, Harry!" Colin exclaimed.

"Out! All of you! This boy's got thirty-three bones to grow!" Madam Pomfrey ushered the four visitors out of the Hospital Wing.

When they all left, Harry started fidgets in the darkness of the room, half-asleep and then. . . His eyelids slowly start to flutter shut.

He could sense something. A presence. When all of a sudden, five bandaged fingers began to sponge his brow. Harry quickly bolts upright, seeing. . .

"Dobby!" He exclaimed.

"Harry Potter came back to school. Dobby warned him. Harry Potter should have listened to Dobby. Harry Potter should have gone back home when he missed the train."

Harry pushes the sponge away. "It was you! You stopped the barrier from letting Ron and me through!"

"Oh, yes indeed, sir. Dobby hid and watched for Harry Potter and sealed the gateway."

"You nearly got Ron and me expelled!" Harry seethed.

"At least you would be away from here. Harry Potter must go home! He must! Dobby thought his Bludger would be enough to make Harry Potter see --"

"Your Bludger? You made that Bludger chase after me?" Harry asked, staring at the elf in shock.

"Dobby feels most aggrieved, sir."  Dobby wags his bandaged fingers, "Dobby had to iron his hands."

"You better clear off before my bones grow back, Dobby, or I might strangle you!" Harry threatened the house elf.

Dobby smiles weakly. "Dobby is used to death threats, sir. Donny gets them five times a day at home."

"I don't suppose you could tell me why you're trying to kill me?" Harry asks.

"Not kill you, sir, never kill you! Dobby remembers how it was before Harry Potter triumphed He Who Must Not Be Named. We house elves were treated like vermin, sir. Of course, Dobby is still treated like vermin." Donny blows his nose on the filthy pillowcase that he wore.

"Dobby, why do you wear that thing?" Harry asks.

"This, sir? 'Tis the mark of the house elf's enslavement. Dobby can only be freed if his master presents him with clothes. The family is careful not to pass Dobby so much as a sock, sir, for then he would be free to leave their house forever." The elf's ears quiver, detecting footsteps. Then he whispers.

"Terrible things are about to happen at Hogwarts! Harry Potter must not stay here now that history is to repeat itself!"

Harry looks at the elf in confusion and then asks, "Repeat itself? You mean, this has happened before?"

Dobby seizes the Skele-Gro, and beats his head with it.

"Tell me, Dobby. When did this happen before? Who's doing it now?"

"Dobby cannot say, sir. Dobby only wants Harry Potter to be safe."

"Who is it? No, Dobby wait!" Harry exclaims as he sees the elf snap his fingers, making a loud CRACK! sound. The house elf disappeard.

Harry could see shadows flicker beyond his hospital bed curtains. Dumbledore, in a nightcap, and McGonagall, in a tartan robe, heave a small statue-like body on to the next empty hospital bed. Not even a few seconds later, Madam Pomfrey rushed into the room.

"What's happened?"

"There's been another attack." Dumbledore stats, making Madam Pomfrey gasp. It wasn't just any statue laying on the bed.  Colin Creevey was laying on that bed, camera still clutched in his hands.

"Perhaps he managed to get a picture of his attacker...?" McGonagall questions. Dumbledore opens the camera. A jet of steam hisses forth.

"What does this mean, Albus?" McGonagall questions the headmaster beside her.

"It means that our students are in great danger, Minerva. Mr. Creevey was fortunate. If not for this.." Dumbledore holds up the camera, "he would be dead."

"What should I tell the staff?" McGonagall questions in an uneasy tone.

"Tell them the truth. Tell them that Hogwarts is no longer safe. Tell them it's as we feared. The Chamber of Secrets is indeed open again."

Author's note:

Hello lovely reader! I'm so so sorry it took so long! I was dealing with a lot of essays and now I have my PSATs tommorow. I hope you all understand. I will do a part 2 for this chapter. It should be coming out by Monday or maybe even sooner. I will get to it as soon as I can. Thanks for sticking around my lovely readers!!