Chapter 2

My mother entered my room without permission, closing the door softly behind her. A confused look formed on her face and she made her way over to me.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" she asked sweetly, concern apparent on her face as she sat down at the end of my bed.

"I missed out on One Direction tickets," I said, sounding like a miserable loser.

"Aww, poor darling. There's always next time."

"But there's not, that was a one time thing," I groaned, pulling my pillow over my head tightly. I felt a hand place itself comfortingly on my back.

"Yeah, but there's other opportunities to get tickets, and even if you do miss out this time I'm sure they'll have another concert in the future."

"Yeah, I guess, but I really wanna see them this time. I've been waiting so long for them to come here and I don't want to have to wait even longer."

I hear a sigh, signaling that she has given up. I always win arguments.

"Oh, and next time could you please knock? A teenage girl likes to have her privacy," I snapped.

"Okay then, I'll leave, Miss Snappy."

I didn't protest as she made her way for my door. As soon as she was gone I decided to get out my phone and call my friend, who had also been trying for tickets.

"I didn't get them." I heard sobbing on the other line the moment she picked up.

"I know, me neither. I can't believe they were only giving away two lots of tickets. So many people had missed out on them on the site, they should've given away more."

"I know right," my friend sighed, her voice cracked from crying.

"We're going to meet them someday Angie, we just can't give up hope, okay?"

"Okay," she said, her voice sounding a little lighter at the thought of meeting them.

"So, do you want to catch up today? I think we should go for a nice, warm cuppa at that really nice new coffee shop. That will definitely cheer us up a bit."

"I'd love to." I could hear her smile through the phone.

"Just let me get changed and I'll meet you outside your house in ten?"

Me and Angie lived really close to each other, so this was no problem.

"Sure, I've got to get changed too, so that works fine."

"Alright, see you then." I smiled, hanging up.

Coffee always cheered me up and that new place downtown was to die for. They even did those little leaves on top to make them look really nice, you know the ones. I'm rambling about coffee, aren't I? That'd be right.

I'm not one of those girls who dress up only to go to the coffee shop, so I decided to throw on some old, daggy tracky pants and my new One Direction t-shirt I bought online a few weeks ago. I also threw on my pair of white vans, which were totally filthy, but I didn't care. I applied a minimal amount of makeup and I was ready to go.

Soon after I arrived at Angie's house I laughed at what I saw when she walked out the front door, purely because she was the complete opposite of me.

Somehow, within the timespan of ten minutes, Angie had managed to fully do herself up with makeup, a pretty dress, some nice shoes, jewelry, and she looked like she had just gone to the hairdresser's. Everything! What? Did she think we were going to bump into a member of One Direction on the street?