Chapter Ten - Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Chapter Ten – Crazy Little Thing Called Love

We had been back in England a week and with only a week to go until touring began. We were nowhere near finishing wedding plans. Luckily Mary and the boys had been absolute life savers, helping however they could. Brian was Roger's best man, while Freddie and John were groomsmen. Mary was my maid of honour and Diane and Veronica I had offered to be simple bridesmaids purely on the fact I felt guilty we had invited them and their partners had roles. We had booked and paid for the church and Freddie had offered to throw a reception party at his house with the rule of no drugs. Everything reception and party wise was in Freddie's hands. I sat in the kitchen of our home staring at a few bridal magazines, Mary pouring out two cups of tea. Roger was off getting suits or searching for suits I should say. He was so fussy. Nothing matched his blond locks. He called after each shop letting me know he still wasn't happy. With the wedding only three days away, giving us time to get married and the band time to prepare for the tour everything was rushed and always on the go.

"So have you decided on flowers?" Mary asked placing my mug down beside my magazines. She looked so different, maybe I just hadn't seen her in awhile but she lacked colour or energy.

"Oh yeah, I have white lilies and red roses with a mix of ivy and roses with all his weird greenery stuff. It's really big and you have a bridal bouquet and the boys have rose buttonholes. I'm thinking the florist wanted to take advantage. Roger was there and she was practically drooling over him" I rolled my eyes "Oh the joys of dating a rock star" My tone dulled as I pointed down at a dress in the magazine

"That dress? It's beautiful" Mary said gently as I sipped on my drink.

"Roger left some money in my purse told me to buy whatever dress I fell in love with. So we can always go after our drinks? It's at Margery's Bridal Boutique" I said sliding the book over to Mary.

"Uh that's the other side of London. We wouldn't be home till late Meg. Would Roger mind you being out that late?" I nod

"He won't mind, I'll just leave a note saying we're going to look at buying a bridal gown and hopefully find you and the girls dresses. Diane and Veronica apparently aren't too fussy so..." I shrug "Guess the choice is all yours on bridesmaids" I took a few gulps of my tea feeling it burn the pit of my stomach. "So will you be coming on tour too?" I ask Mary as she looked up at me, her face pale.

"Uh, well actually, I guess now is a good time to tell you, considering we are alone" She started "I won't be coming. Me and Freddie...we broke up" She said as a few tears fell over her cheeks.

"Oh my god...Mary, When? Are you ok?" She nodded forcing a smile. "It was last week while you were in France with Roger. He hasn't been himself recently Meg. Always out partying, he doesn't say 'I love you' anymore. Our relationship was being held together by thin bits of string while he tried to work out what he wanted" Mary explained as she wiped some tears from her cheeks.

"And what is it he wanted?" I ask already knowing the answer. It was fairly obvious; I'm just surprised it took this long. Her eyelashes battered as she looked up at me from her tea.

"He's gay Meg" She said softly "It's like I was the last to know" I lean forward holding her hand.

"Mary it was fairly obvious he was gay...I think you always knew he was gay Mary but you loved him too much to want to know or admit it." She nodded agreeing.

"I think you're right!"

"We all could have told you he was gay but would it have mattered? Would you have listened or believed us. Naivety is bliss" I say finishing my tea, I rose placing my cup in the sink as the door banged open. I jumped slightly as the sounds of laughing filled the room as Roger and Brian burst through into the kitchen followed by Freddie and John.