Chapter Fourteen - Thank God its Christmas

Chapter Fourteen – Thank God its Christmas

Three months later

Christmas

December 24th 1981

Exactly eight months pregnant – One month to go

It was Christmas Eve and Freddie had bought a beautiful chalet in Austria. We had finally finished touring and were due back to London for a New Years eve for a countdown to new year with Queen. I was beyond heavily pregnant now, i could barely move around without anyone laughing and making jokes. The boys brought the last of the bags in while i decorated the Christmas tree, my black hair dye had faded leaving my hair a chocolate brown. Mary had warned me that dying hair with fumes could cause some problem in rare cases and Roger had requested i dodge such risks. I wore a bright red Christmas dress with little white spots on, my bump huge as i hung the decorations on the tree. John had returned back to London early to spend it with Veronica, her pregnancy also moving along. So it was just Freddie, me, Roger and Anita this Christmas.

"Alright, i think that's all! What do we fancy for dinner?" Brian questioned as i turned around, no one else was in the room and i flashed Brian a cheeky smile.

"Oh my god...again? Meg seriously...Pizza, chips and ice cream? You're going to never lose that baby weight you know, because it actually wont be baby weight anymore" He chuckled

"I can't help it...its a craving Bri" I said placing the box of decorations on the side "I'll even come with you to the supermarket" He shrugged

"If Rog is ok with you tagging along"

"Hes with Freddie, they are watching some rubbish out back" I murmur as i pick up my coat struggling to put it on "Rog, baby i'm just heading out with Brian!" I shout but getting no response over him and Freddie yelling and cheering. Brian simply rolled his eyes.

"And here is me doing all the hard labour...as usual" He said before helping me put my coat on.

"In one month i'll be joining the hard labour" I chuckle picking up my bag as he held my elbow leading me outside to the car.

"Are you nervous?" He questioned me opening the car door for me to get inside. I shrugged slightly as i wobbled into the car bum first, wiggling into place. Brian closed the door moving around getting in the drivers side.

"I'm terrified Brian. I'm twenty six and i'm scared...pain and what if something goes wrong"

"So understanding of all those things but...you're scared because of your age as well? What is it with you two and age" He laughed starting the car driving through the snow.

"What do you mean us two?" I question him

"Me and Rog had the same chat last week, hes scared that hes thirty-two Meg, hes a lot older than you and terrified of being a 'old' father" Brian shrugged.

"He's five years older" I laugh "Hardly an age gap...but i understand being terrified" Bri looked over at me.

"Do you guys not talk about these things?" he asked which i returned a quick nod.

"All the time mostly whenever you're not performing or we're discussing names or what we're gonna decorate the nursery, emotions and feelings...but age never came up. I guess its our insecurities" He smiled simply.

"Baby names?"

"We made a deal, i pick the boy and he picks the girl. He wants Delilah, Delilah May Taylor" I looked over at Brian

"May...?" He rose his eyebrows

"Without you, we wouldn't have ever have talked and only fought. You've helped us through the darkest days" I explained "So May is after you" I said happily