chapter 1: 🙂

flashback, 7 years old
mommy and i was sitting in the kitchen as she was doing my hair.
"ouch" i said. she burnt me with the hot comb. she was trynna straighten my nappy hair when daddy came in looking dirty and drunk.
"go in your room baby, ill come finish your hair in a minute" mommy said. i did what she said, i went to my room to play dollies. then i hear mommy scream "STOP" i creeped down the stairs to see daddy on mommy while she was crying he slapped her hard.
"daddy stop don't hit mommy" i said to a drunk dad. he pushed me hard against the wall.
mommy got away from him and grabbed me taking me to my room locking the door. we were both crying as he banged on the door then it stopped. mommy told me to pack everything i wanted she said "WE'RE LEAVING" .
—————————————————————

present day, 18 years old

liked by _.quincy and 201 others
itss.ryan: last day of school🤪
@_.quincy: beautiful baby😍
@unknown: your cute😍
@summerella_: bff you look hot🥵
@itss.ryan: thanks babe😽 & bestie uk i try💞
25 other comments

i'm happy its my last day, but sad to leave my mom and boyfriend behind because in 4 days i will be going to Clark University in Atlanta while my mom and quincy (my boyfriend) stay in Alabama. i know its not far but imagine not being able to see your boyfriend and mama everyday. the best thing about moving is that my bestfriend summer is coming with me.
As i was doing my morning hygiene my phone began ringing. I look to see its only quincy calling
"goodmorning babygirl" he said as he popped up on my iphone 7 plus.
"morning" i responded.
"you coming to school right?" he asked.
"of course, you know i cant leave without telling my teachers i would miss them"
"oh so you not coming to tell me?"
"nope" i said popping the "p" . he knew that was a lie because i'm so clingy when it comes to him, sorry but my man is my man and if i wanna be under him why not.

he began laughing saying "you know you can't lie straight, but you know im proud of you & im gonna miss you"
"i'm gone miss you to baby but let me finish getting dressed. imma be a little late to school even though i don't have to be there" i said laughing. knowing he'd get mad cause he had to be there.

The smell of breakfast hit my nose letting me know my mom cooked. I walked into the kitchen seeing her cooking grits, bacon, eggs and biscuits. I love my mom so much. I cant really speak on my dad cause i haven't seen him every since i was 7. I do have flashbacks of him every night of the day me and my mom escaped every since then i never question to my mom where he was. To be honest, i didn't need him my mom taught me everything i needed to know. Without him i was doing just fine, making all A's in school and getting a chance to graduate a semester early and leave for college early. But i cant say growing up wasn't a wild ride.
__________________________

Questions ?
quincy?
Ryan?