Trapped

No.
A two letter word, but it has the ability to destroy one's strength without even touching.
That is exactly what happened to me. Markos did not spare the lives of Delphin and Hogurae even when I pleaded him to do so. He succeeded in defeating my purpose. He hit the right nerve.
Delphin was the person who made me who I am. He was there for me when I was in peril.  He was the father whom I needed. But,  what did I give him in return for his kindness?
Death. Remorse.
And Hogurae?  Well,  he just didn't deserve to die. He was loyal and good. He did not deserve the life he lived. He surely didn't deserve the death he received.
He deserved better. Much, Much, Better.
And here I am,  regretting everything I did while being locked up in a dingy cell on the lower deck of Markos's ship. Never in my life have I ever experienced such a hopeless state as this.
People were locked in different cells in both directions. No e of them looked sociable or......... Human. They were at the extreme state of malnourishment and of course,  their mental state was questionable.

Wait! My weapons?
Quickly I rummaged through my coat but to no avail.
Surely I did not expect Edmund to be such an idiot that he would leave me armed.  I was crestfallen.
Hopeless,  I bended my knees on my chest and rested my head on my knees, covering my head with my hands.
No way I am getting out of here.