Chapter 3

"True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked." - Erich Segal

Marinette walked past the groups of friends, her head held low, avoiding all curious eyes. Silent tears traced down her flushed cheeks as she made her way through the rush of outside lunch. She raced behind the stairs, taking refuge from the burning stares of her classmates, just before she broke down. More tears streamed down her face, everything was to much. She curled herself into a tight ball. The world continued on, friends chatted and laughed, as Marinette's life stayed still and fell apart. Tikki squealed, causing the girls sad blue eyes to shoot up and spotted the akuma, unable to control her emotions, she tore out her earrings and gave them to Tikki.

"Find Chat and... Master Fu", she choked on her words as Hawkmoth took control and Tikki fled. The black butterfly disappeared into the lost girls bag and transformed her as soon as she uttered the words:

"Yes Hawkmoth"

'Love Crusher' stood, she wore a purple dress that silked down her thin body and a short skirt bloomed at her waist, below that she wore bright pink tights that led to delicate bow shoes. The girls hair flowed over her strapless shoulders, and a single tear was traced into her soft cheek. Rips tore through her clothes ruining her perfection, she was falling apart. Silently the lost girl began to parade around the town, tearing people's lives apart, by sprinkling blue dust that came from her jewelled bag.

Adrien had barely thought twice about Marinette excluding herself form the conversation, until her slim figure returned, with pale blue eyes searching the people before her. On instinct Adrien ran to transform, but was halted just as he turned a corner. A red and black kwami hovered in front of him. 

"Tikki?!!" Plagg screamed, flying out of the styled jacket and towards the red bug.

"Hello Plagg!" The kwami practically screamed, hugging the little black cat in front of her, as the two hugged, her blues eyes noticed me and she jolted away.

"... Adrien" 

Her blue eyes flickered with worry. Oh no.

"Where's Ladybug?!" Adrien asked frantically. No. No.

"Um... she isn't currently able to fight... so I had to find you." The blonde relaxes for a moment, until his shoulders tighten again, struck with worry.

"Is she alright?" emotion thick in the boys voice.

"Yeah she'll be fine, just... not fit enough to fight right now" Adrien's shoulders slump again, assured enough that his lady will be alright.

"Ok" As if on cue, the boys face changed, showing Tikki that he was ready for the challenge ahead, and she quickly commanded Adrien to take her to Master Fu.