Sink

Ash grey in the cloudy light, the waves lap at her feet. Her eyes lock with the moon and she watches it like a nervous mother watches a child. The salt water burns her bare feet as she wades in. Her torn black dress billows around her, exposing her pale, blood-stained skin to the freezing sea. She remains expressionless, unaware of pain, unaware of the stinging sea. Still her eyes remain on the moon; its enticing light pulls her closer. 

The water laps hungrily at her body, washing away the dried blood. As the icy fingers of the ocean pull her head under, she breathes in the water, unknowing of her wrong. It burns her eyes, it burns like fire in her chest. She struggles to keep her eyes on the moon's light. 

Only until the light starts to fade and the darkness engulfs her does she realize her mistake. Only then does she feel the fire in her lungs and the ocean pulling her deeper. She scrambles to find the light again, clawing and kicking at the water, but is met with more darkness. Her limbs slowly become useless. Her thoughts fade into a blank slate. And she sinks. 

And sinks. 

And sinks. 

----

Hi to the people reading this. 

This is just a random thing I wrote a little while back. It's super short but I kinda liked it, so here it is. I hope you like it even though it's pretty morbid. Okay.. bye. (and thanks for reading!) 

*disappears in a cloud of smoke*