Thoughts: The Perfect Stranger

Have you ever missed someone you've never met? 

A sort of conjured character you have made up in your mind, someone you wish you knew. A mixture of the best things in people. The perfect stranger. 

It's hard to explain, this longing for someone unknown.

You can see them clearly in your mind, just for a fleeting second, then when you try to look close, it's like you're seeing them through broken glass.

It's the person you write loves songs about when there's no one to be in love with. When you look up at the night sky, you imagine they're looking at the same star.

It's romantic and it's not. It's your best friend and that boy you had a crush on in 5th grade. It's that person you fell in love with from afar at the grocery store. It's the actor in your favorite movie; the hero in your favorite book.

They've grown with you, changing, becoming more of a mystery and yet clearer still. Sometimes they go, but they're always there when you're lonely.

Your perfect stranger.

Well, here it is. My first post in probably 10,000 years. 

I've been thinking about my perfect stranger recently, so I thought I'd try to put those thoughts into words.

So, if you're going to leave a comment on this, please tell me about your perfect stranger. I'd love to hear about them, and maybe I'll try to describe mine in another post.

Also, it's mega cool that I've got over 1,000 followers on here. You're all awesome and thank you for reading this random weirdness.