Chapter 2

When I say the best looking guy, I mean the sexiest most handsome person I have ever seen. He was standing at an amazing 6ft; he had bright green eyes and darker than midnight black hair. I’ve never seen anyone like him before.

We were staring at each other for what felt like hours but what was probably five minutes. I heard laughing in the background but ignored it. I heard a coughing sound mixed with laughter and finally realized Dr. Vargas was still in the room.

As soon as I realized Dr. Vargas was still in the room I quickly looked away with a light blush on my cheeks. It wasn’t even 30 seconds when I looked back to see Damien still staring at me, I held his gaze and my blush got deeper.

“Hi” I managed to say in a whisper.

“Hey” he said back in the same type of whisper.

At this point Dr. Vargas was laughing and talking to Damien.

“I wouldn’t even bother Damien, she’s only 17.”

“So, she’s cute!” with that my blush got even darker and he turned to me.

“When is your birthday?”

“July 3rd”

“See just 11 months till her birthday!”

Dr. Vargas just looked at him with a blank expression.

He finally said “whatever Damien just don’t do anything stupid we can’t afford another mix up! And Bailey just remember you can leave as soon as you let me know how you managed to get these injuries.”

“Yes Dr. thank you.” I smiled as he walked out of the room.

This is when I realize that Damien is still in the room with me. Our eyes make contact again and he walks towards me. He took my chart and started reading it.

“Well bailey it looks like you hurt yourself quite often! Well on that note let me introduce myself… I’m Damien Vargas and yes the doctor is my father.”

“Oh well hi Damien, as you can see by reading my chart my names bailey… and that’s cool having you father as a doctor and all. But I think you should tell me your age because you know mine and it would be fair for you to tell me yours.” I always ramble when I’m nervous around people.

“It actually is a good thing my father is a doctor. Its great going to his house when I’m hurt instead of coming to the emergency room. And I’m 22.”

“Well that’s an awesome age! I kind of wish I could leave though.”

“I hope you remember soon. The faster you remember the faster you get out of here. But when you do… do you want to get some food and a coffee with me? My treat!”

I laughed and nodded.

“Ok I’ll see you soon then. Bye Bailey!”

“Bye Damien”

He walked out leaving me in a daze. I probably look like complete shit right now and I just got asked out by possibly the hottest guy on earth.

Ok I have to put Damien out of my head right now though. What am I going to tell Dr. Vargas? Well I could tell him I fell down the stairs and hit my head, which would explain the head injury and the back, but not the ribs. I could just tell him the truth and get sent to a foster home for a year, but from what I hear they are no better. Oh! I got it!

It must’ve been 15 because Dr. Vargas walked in.

“Ok Bailey do you remember what happened yet?” Dr. Vargas asked me with concerned eyes.

“Yes actually I remember the whole thing. I was walking home through the park when I got mugged. There were more than 2 people and they wanted my phone. I resisted and one of them punched me from behind making me fall to the ground and hit my head. After that I still resisted and then a different one kicked me repeatedly kicked me in my ribs. In the end they didn’t get my phone and they just left me there.” I said this with tears in my eyes and a dead serious face. Those acting lessons my parents made me take when I was younger really paid off.

“Ok Bailey, I’m sorry to have to ask you this but with a mugging its procedure to ask you if they raped you. So did they rape you?” he asked. Even though I could see in his eyes he didn’t believe me about getting mugged.

I could literally feel all the blood rush to my cheeks. “No they didn’t rape me, I swear!” I said feeling very uncomfortable.

“Ok I’m sorry to make you feel uncomfortable but it’s my job to ask. You are free to go whenever you like but I need to see again. I made an appointment for you for next week I hope you can make it. Ill see you soon bailey.” He was looking at me with disbelieving eyes, but what can he do? He has to take my story.

“Thank you Dr. see you soon.”

I got up to leave with a lot less trouble than I did on my living room floor. When I walked out the room I saw Damien walking towards me with a smile on his face. All of a sudden his smile disappeared and it was replaced with a worried look. I was so confused. He started running towards me yelling at me to turn around.

I shrugged and turned around to be met by some blunt force object hitting me in the face. I screamed out in pain and was pushed to the floor. I was being beaten by two different objects. I got hit in the back of the head and the last thing I remember seeing before I passed out was Damien tackling them to the ground.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I’m so sorry about the late upload. I’ve been really busy lately and my dog recently passed away. So I’ve been a little preoccupied. I’ll try to update more often!

Like, comment, vote! All are appreciated!