Chapter 5

Scarlet's P.O.V

I was packing out what’s left of out boxes today. One of the boxes was all of our important information (birth certificate, passports, ETC.). Anyways I was "filing" through all of our paperwork by which it belonged to. It was A LOT of paperwork. How do parents do this? It’s like a never-ending waterfall of paper with useless info.

I was knee deep in paper when I came across my birth certificate.

It looked different from Al's and Sophie’s.

That’s when I figured it out...

I wasn’t exactly related to them. All this time I wasn’t really theirs. I was adopted before mom and dad left.

Oh my god!

I have to find out who they are now. Or I can go about my day like I never saw this.

I think I am going to do the second option.

~1 Hour Later~

The guilt is killing me. I have to tell someone, I feel like this secret is eating me out alive.

Ugh! I’m going to have to spill the beans sooner or later.

Suddenly there was a shadow that passed me. I knew straight away that it was Sophie.

“Yeo Sophie. I have to tell you something.”

She walks back towards me.

“Okay, what is it?”

Why am I so nervous? Its only Soph. Okay. Here goes nothing.

“When you hit puberty you will get warts all over and turn into a troll until you graduate.”

“What? … Dude if you want to tell me what’s really on your mind later you know where to find me.”

Gosh! Why did I chicken out! I mean it’s not the biggest secret in the world. I should be able to tell her or anyone for the matter.

Ugh! Whatever. I guess the secret is going to be with me for a while.

~Tomorrow at School~

I walk into the building with my head drooped low with tiredness. I didn’t get enough sleep last night. I was to busy thinking about my birth parents.

I really want to find out who they are.

I wonder why they gave me up. Maybe it was for a good reason?

Anyways right now I got to focus on school and grades and stuff like that.

Oh who am I kidding they are all I can think about.

~After School~