Blue And White

|Kengkla|

"Excuse me."

I looked at my back when I heard someone calling my attention. An old lady wearing a shabby clothes with a not-so-clean face caught me off guard.

"I'll tell you your future."

Okay. Today is not my day. There's a lot of students who walks here and she chooses me. Like, really?

"Sorry, I'm in a hurry--" As I tried to escape her she harshly hold my wrist and talk like a mad woman.

She looked directly at my eyes. "You'll meet him. Your soulmate."

"You mean 'her'?"

She gave me a creepy smile. Her not-so-clean teeth were visible. She slowly shakes her head. "Remember, blue and white. Blue and white. He will make you fall and make you fly again like a kite."

She turns around and walks fast like a thief.

I didn't understand what happened as I continue my supposed to be peaceful short journey to my school.

A fortune teller? Only fools will believe people like them.

I tried to check the time on my watch but failed to see it on my wrist.

Sht. Today is not my day.

-

I want to check my phone about the time but I am scared that another thief will appear in front of me.

Half walking, half running. I made my steps faster than my usual lazy walks because I don't want to be late. I want to study good this year until I graduate.

I want to graduate and attend a good university.

I want to become a college student as soon as possible. I hate high school and its never ending rules and regulations.

"Excuse me."

I felt like this already happened to me.

Slowly, I turned and saw a skinny guy who have a big smile on his face.

Wearing a blue and white stripes varsity uniform.

All the students in my school are wearing a white top and blue shorts or skirts. My eyes can't take new set of blue and white.

This is a trap! This is their operation!

I tried to walk past at him but he talked again.

"Uh. Excuse me. Can I ask you a question?"

I tried to calm myself. There's a lot of students here beside our school gate and in case that they will try to harm me, surely someone will notice it.

I looked at the guy. He's taller than me for a few inches but I know I can knock him out once he try to harm me.

" Err. Sorry for disturbing you but can I ask where is the building for grade 11 students?"

I pointed my finger to the building he's asking. He looked there and he stared back again at me. Giving me his smile.

"Thank you!"

He walked towards that building and I was left again. Dumbfounded.

Can a guy smile often like that?

Still wary to the guy, I follow him since that's also my building.

The guy went to the second floor and checked room numbers.

So he is not a member of the gang of that old lady.

He stopped in front of my room and called someone.

"I told you last night to put all your books in your bag. You mixed this on my things and you made me come here just for this."

One of my classmate, whom I cannot remember a name, just laughed.

"Sorry but I just want you to see you--" My eavesdropping was stopped when a group of students came.

When I look again to them, the 'blue and white' guy is leaving already.

He smiled again when our gazes met.

My classmate and I looked at each other.

"Who's that?" I asked.

Based on their conversation, they're more than just a friend. Right?

My classmate gave me a sly smile and didn't answer.

As if I'll ask you again.

-

Almost every week that guy comes to our room because of his dumb brother named Technic.

Technically, they're siblings and the older who's a college student always bring things to his brother.

Books, notebooks, flash drives, allowance and even just a tumbler he'll bring it here!

The two brothers pissed me off. Watching them wants me to punch them so they'll stop this weekly routine.

I came a little late than my usual time of arrival in our room. I saw that guy talking to some of my classmates and I got curious. When did they become close?

"Just a small celebration. Nic will like it if his classmates will come."

"We'll see, P'No."

"Okay. Just say a word to Nic if you guys will come."

I stopped almost beside him. They're in front of the door.

When I smelled his perfume, I suddenly stepped back.

A guy who's wearing a perfume. Seriously?

I mean, there's nothing wrong with that but he's an athlete (I assume) and perfume will smells bad when its mixed with sweats.

Wait, why I'm thinking about it?

He turned to leave but because I was beside him he stopped on his track.

"Hey, tomorrow is Technic's birthday. Come to our place, Nong."

He is freaking inviting me. Seriously?

He patted me on my shoulder as he continue walking away.

I was left again. Confused. My shoulder suddenly weigh heavily like he is still holding me there.

Fck. What the hell is wrong with me.

After class I walk to Technic's chair. He looked at me with a puzzled face. I know what he's thinking. I'm a loner in our class and I dare to approach a famous student like him.

"Invite me."

He didn't answer.

"Invite me to your birthday tomorrow."

I know I'm demanding something and he'll laugh but I really want answers to my questions.

"There's nothing free in this world, you know."

I smile at his response. Yeah I know you. I've been watching you and your brother for a while now. I know.

"Just tell me what you want but first invite me."

Technic just laughed and I can't help but smile. I know we can be friends. We have something in common.

"Hey, Kengkla. You want to come to my house tomorrow?"

"Sure."

***
Unedited.