Chapter Two: Miles goes on a date?

Hearing the encouragement from Mark, he ventured through his contacts and found his hopeful new boyfriend. Filled with fear but reluctantly following through he texted this mysterious stranger. They began the process of setting up a date at the coffee shop where he and Mark met. Having the shop be close by to Mark's summer home made it easier for them to find somewhere to relax and cat some more. Now their plan was in motion for finding Miles a date and a future family. Though his hopes were high when the two meet up at the shop, they ordered a simple coffee and tea and sat down.

"So, Miles, what books have you read recently?"

"I read a book about two friends who hold a secret that they're desperate to hide but soon gets revealed due to inhumane circumstances."

"Sounds interesting, have you finished it?"

"No, that's what's just on the back."

"Ah, it is good?"

"It's okay, could be written better though. But that's beside the point, how are you?"

"I'm doing good, coffee tastes good. How's your tea?"

Miles smiled watching his date's mannerisms and actions. Admiring his beauty, he intently focused his energy on him. Making sure to appear normal, he continued small talk and smiled. After a half hour and many conversations later about getting to know each other, they got up and headed to Mark's place. He made sure he didn't know it isn't his place and brings him inside.

"This place is very beautiful."

His date comments on his friend's house as he walks through the living room floor into the backyard. The Rosewood floor reflects the beige white ceiling as the light shines in front of the glass doors in front of them. Walking against the rough stone platform leading to the stretch of green grass surrounding the oak wood fences with thin hanging wire above to keep cats in the yard, or out.

They guide themselves to the patio and sit on the swing they have there. Lightly swinging, they sit in silence observing the grey clouds above. Miles' looked to him wondering what he's thinking.

"What're you thinking?" He asked Andrew in hopes of gathering more information on him.

"Just how beautiful the sky is. You rarely get to see something so beautiful."

Miles thinks on what he just said and studies it closely. He sighs with relief as he relaxes and sinks down into the swing while gazing upward. The sky was filled with patterns of grey and blue as the clouds littered the sky. He focused on the light the sun brings as the clouds covered its light.

As they gaze up in silence a knock is heard at the door. Miles stands up feeling nothing as he heads to the door. He knows who's on the other side. No one knows he's here besides Mark. It just makes sense that he would be here to check up on how the date was going. Meanwhile, Andrew sits there feeling a essence of fear as he feared Miles had ditched him.

Mark stands at the door no shock to Miles. He stands there with a smile plastered on his face as he enters his home and stands by the entrance.

"Is he like us?"

"Wow. Straight to the point, I see. No, he isn't like us. Now, be quiet! He's in the garden on the patio swing."

"Anything of importance?"

"He's interesting. Boring, no friends, and his family is anything but gone from his life. They live on the other side of the country."

"Why? Why don't they live closer?"

"He moved here for a job opportunity but it fell through and he's stuck here with a 6-month lease."

"Oh, so, are they the only ones who know he's still here?"

"Yeah, but I'm not sure about him."

"What makes you not so sure?"

"He's too easy. There has to be a catch. A spouse, relative, anything. Maybe he has friends that he's closed off to. There has to be something about him that'll get us caught."

"You're thinking about that?!?"

"Shush! Yes, I am. It's no big deal."

"It is a big deal! I set this up for you to find a family, not our next victim!"

Miles stood there in disbelief at the situation put in front of him. He wished Mark knew why exactly he couldn't date Andrew and could only kill him. He knew if he let anyone in him and Mark would be in danger. They wouldn't be able to handle the danger of living with another normie. His wife was enough danger as it is, the kids even more so. He sighed as Mark looked at him with anticipation for his answer as to why he can't date Andrew and only kill him.

"He's... too dangerous."

"What do you mean 'too dangerous?'"

"I mean think about your wife and kids. I could just be your gay lover or something. Sure that's easier than me finding my own guy to fuck up. I love being alone anyway! I don't want to date this boring old loser! I don't care if I'm here to look for someone."

After speaking the two boys hear the sounds of footsteps, Andrew enters.

"Oh, you're still here. I thought you left."

"No, my friend just showed up and I was explaining the situation."

"Oh, okay."

Andrew's lips part and form a small smile as he goes and holds Miles' hand. He leans his body against his and looks to Mark.

"Who's your friend, Honey?" Hearing the nickname Miles' face scrunched up like he had smelled a dumpster. He holds out his hand in Mark's direction and introduces him.

"This is Mark, he's my friend." In response, Mark waves.