1 | The Alleyway

Sorry for the short chapter, I'll make another one if I have time.
Word count : 265

Connie's POV
I'm Connie J. Lee, 12. My parents left me and now, I live in an alleyway. Many people ask me if I'm okay. I just lie and say yes, I really don't like doing that. I only accept if I really need it. Like, a home.

I saw a man and a boy about my age look at me and then talking, they smiled and the only things I heard were: "Are you sure?"

Later, the man approached me.

"Hello, little girl. I see you are homeless. I would like to help you." The man said. He was holding the boy's hand tighter, the boy smiling at me.

This time, I felt like accepting.

"Okay, go ahead and help me. What would you like to give me?" I asked.

The man looked at the boy, smiling.

"I would like you to live with us." The boy said.

"WHAT? Really? Are you serious?"

The boy took my hand and we started walking to their house. I've never felt so happy in years.

"I really thank you both. I've never had a donation like this before.." I think that was the 5th time I thanked them.

"It's nothing. Oh, and this is my son, Phineas Taylor Barnum. Just call him P.T. or Phineas." The man said.

"Hi." P.T. said, smiling.

-time skip to the house-

"We're home! It's pretty small.. except nothing here." P.T. said.

"At least I have a home." I said.

"DINNER'S READY!" Mr. Barnum said.