Chapter 7: Complications

AYUMI'S P.O.V.

I just finished setting up everybody's futtons in the living room with my older sister, Hinoe…I already have some ideas planned, like the order we should save them in.

First we save Shinahora, Mayu, Morshige and then Yui sensei.

Nakashima, Mochida-kun and Kishinuma should be arriving any time now, it's 3:59…

I decided to go get some refreshments and snacks while I wait for them.

I walked into my kitchen and grabbed refreshments of sorts, soda, some popcorn and chips, all that stuff.

I began to walk into the living room carrying all that stuff when I heard a knock on the door, which scared the crap out of me, and caused me to drop everything, spilling soda and chips everywhere.

Hinoe saw and came running in. Great, just great…

"I'll clean this up, you go answer the door…it's probally one of your friends."

Well that's an awnser I didn't expect.

"A-alright…" I sat up and walked to the door.

I swung it open lazily, expecting Nakashima and Mochida-kun.

But nope, it was in fact Yoshiki.

"Uh...hi." he said…he seemed nervous about something…eh, it's probably just my imagination.

I smiled at him. "Come on in!" I greeted, and stepped aside so he could enter my home.

To be completely honest here, I don't think that he'll be a big help in our situation here, but I still invited him.

Cause one, it would've been just plain rude to not invite him, and second, I'm still trying to figure out if I have..."feelings' for him...

"What happened here?"

"Hm?" I cleared my thoughts and looked towards him, and he pointed at the carpet.

I opened my mouth to speak, but Hinoe gladly did that for me...

"She was carrying snacks and such to the living room, and tripped."

...Okay I guess that's a better answer than what actually happened...I don't want Yoshiki to think that I'm a wimp...

Wait, since when do I care what Yoshiki thinks about me?!

I heard him laugh. "Whatcha thinking 'bout Ayumi?"

My face felt red...yep. I was definitely blushing.

"I-I uh..." my phone buzzed in my pocket. Thank God!

I quickly reached into my pocket and grabbed my cellphone. It was a text from Mochida-kun...

From: Satoshi

4:05 pm

[Hey Shinozaki, we're going to be a little late, I hope you don't mind.]

I texted him back.

From: Ayumi

4:06 pm

[Really? How come?]

...I patiently waited for a reply,

From: Satoshi

4:07 pm

[Something happened that we need to take care of...you'll find out once we arrive]

I wonder what that meant…oh well, he said we'd find out once we got here, which shouldn't be long…right?