Forming Alliances.

Alfred's POV.

It have not been easy since Rosa left to  the hospital. I was near to cracking the case and using it for her engagement gift when her brother happened.
Our prime suspect was Desmond. All fingers were pointing at him.
Firstly, he was not confronted while dating Rosa.
Secondly, on the day of the accident, I fought with him.
Also since I told him it was over between Rosa and him, he never showed up again. Finally, I did not liked him from the beginning.

So we started investigating him.
Once while trailing him, I saw him meet up with this man with his face covered.
My suspicion grew even more and on approaching him, I realized that he also had dirty deals. It wasn't easy trying to fish him out.

We secretly took a video of him with the masked man.

A week later I walked inside his office for explanations.

"Hello Mr Alfred, to what do I owe this visit?" he asked

"Well, it's been long since I saw you and I thought it better to meet up with you."

"As you can see, I'm busy with my office work, if your coming  is not official, I will like to continue my work."

"Mr Desmond, I thought maybe, you will like to see this," I said holding up the drive which we saved his video in.

"And what is in that" he asked eagerly

"Well, that is what I wanted us to talk about." I said with a smirk on my face "but I think you are busy, maybe I should go on with the plan I made." I added standing up to leave.

"Wait, can I see what is in it?"

"My visit is actually non official"

"If you came all that way for this then just do it."

"Okay, but can I use your laptop? "

He nodded his heard and passed the laptop to me.

Slotting in the drive, I played the video for him to see, from all the discussions to the signing and handshakes with the masked man.

"What do you want from me?" Desmond asked with a mixture of fury and fear in his eyes.

"What I want is simple" I paused "tell me what you know about Rosalind Carter's plight"

"What do you mean by Rosa's plight
" he said looking confused.
"I have been the one facing problems after problems ever since I met her." Breaking for awhile he added "even this video you took all started with her."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I have had calls from strange numbers warning me to stay away from her, they said they never wanted to harm me. I truly loved her but knew I was just something she used to block you. I tried fighting for her and that was when my trouble started."

"What kind of trouble is that." I asked impatiently.

"Well I was the one who hired that man to cause the accident. They said if I do that, you would stay away from Rosa and that you were the cause of her problems, so in other to protect Rosa, I obliged. Then they took videos of it and started blackmailing me. As we speak right now my company is in jeopardy. They want me to sign as a sponsor, to save their dying company."

"But why did you kill they man after he was arrested."

"This case is not what you think it is. The man I hired was meant to scare you, but the man who came, wanted to kill you. They are two different men. I only got to know that after going to the morgue to confirm the body. "

"So what do you know about his death?"

"Look, all I know is that I couldn't protect Rosa from that psycho of a man. He is now after my company. I'm so confused that I'm loosing my mind and now my reputation is at stake."

"I can help you, if only you would join hands with me to nail down this criminal."

"I can't Alfred, you do not know how wicked, tricky and desperate these men are."

"So you mean they're more than one, look when we nail them, not only will you save your company and reputation, you will also save a life. Please help, for Rosa's sake."

"Okay, I'm in." He said taking my hand for a shake.
We have to get to the bottom of this.