Chapter 9

The Winter Soldier knocks on the bars of my cell. I groan and roll over. "Five more minutes." I say and start to fall back asleep. Someone knocks me out of the bed. I fall onto the concrete floor. "Hey! That hurt!"

I glare up at the Winter Soldier. He just stares back at me coldly. There were two other men behind him. I stand up and dust myself off. I'm assuming that it's morning. Though, it's hard to tell in this place.

I roll my eyes and follow them out of the cell. They lead me into a white room with a brown leather chair. My anxiety starts to kick in as they force me to sit in it and strap me in. My eyes widen as I see one of the men preparing a needle. Oh jeez...

"Um...can we avoid any needles by any chance?" I nervously ask. They ignore me and continue their work. I start humming to calm my nerves. The Winter Soldier watches me as I hum, but this time there's a soft sadness behind his eyes, rather than a cold look.

I try not to flinch as they inject me with the needle. My vision slowly fades to black.

-----------------------(Memory)---------------------

My birthday: 9 years ago.

I'm finished opening presents. My mom sits me on her lap. "Are you happy with your presents, (Y/n)?" She asks smiling down at me. I nod my head. "I'm glad." She hugs me and we stay like that for a while. We pull apart and she looks at me.

"I want you to promise me something, (Y/n)." I nod my head again in curiosity. "That no matter what happens, you'll stay true to who you are."

"I promise, momma."

-----------------------------------------------------------