New Encounter

"Quinn! He's in trouble.." Michael uttered when he heard the echoing scream, he had to save him.

No matter the cost, even if he risks his life for his assistant's..

"Where is he?" The professor wondered aloud, curiosity in his tone yet there was slight anger in his voice.

"I have to know.." He muttered quietly, his gaze rising back up to the road ahead of him.

"I have to find him." The professor said determinedly this time and huffing, but gasping a moment later when he heard a familiar voice.

"I wouldn't do that, Professor."

"Inspector?!" Michael exclaimed, turning around and looking over at the inspector.

"Indeed. Now, you shouldn't go after Quinn." The Inspector said, sighing as the professor stood agape. He shouldn't find him?! Quinn is his assistant and always will be!

"Why not?" The professor questioned, yet there was a undertone of anger in there again, "Why can't I see my own son--assistant?!"

"I found another one of those cards." The inspector replied calmly, taking out the card and handing it to the professor.

"Reverse Psychology, my friend. You see, every time you answer a riddle correctly, your..assistant here gets hurt. Do you get it now, Professor? - ???"

It was unsigned..?

"What..? And there was no signature at the end?" The professor noticed, pushing up his glasses as he rose an eyebrow.

"I have a feeling I know who it is." The inspector replied with a huff this time, crossing his arms at the other.

"Who do you think it is?" The professor asked, looking at his superior with a piqued interest.

"I'm certain that The Golden Treasure took hold of Quinn." The inspector responded, starting to walk in a direction.

"The Golden Treasure? But the other card was signed 'MM'?" The professor said, following the other and tilting his head.

"Hm..perhaps both The Golden Treasure and The Masked Magician have him. They are both called villains by others, you know, Professor." The other in the group said, not even bothering to turn around.

"I know..but why would they want Quinn of all people? He's my so--assistant after all." The professor asked again, turning his attention back ahead as he sighed also.

"I'm not sure myself." The inspector replied, turning a corner at a street and brushing some hair out of his face as he glanced behind him.

"Professor." The inspector stated, freezing at the sight for once as he stopped walking momentarily.

"Hm?" The professor perked up, looking behind themselves as he tensed up also, his eyes widening.

"We're being followed."

((hm..👀)