Early Beginnings

(Written by Jake Simbron)

It was 1948 and BR also known as British Railways had just been formed. BR needed to make more profit so, they started to build a new railway it was called the Wiltshire and Hampshire Railway. Two engines had helped with the building process, one was a LMS Black 5 the other was a GWR Pannier Tank. So the railways new manager Mr.Sterling bought them along with a LNER J94 and a Bullied Pacific.

On the Day before the railway was to open Mr.Sterling addressed his engines.

"Hello engines my name is Mr.Sterling I am your manager," he said.

The engines replied with a friendly, Hello!

"So what's your name," said Mr.Sterling pointing at the Pannier Tank.

"My name is Jake," said the Pannier.

"I'm very Willing,Quick thinking and Helpful," said Jake.

"Good, now who are you," said Mr.Sterling pointing at The Black 5.

"My names Peter sir," said the Black 5

"I can be boastful at times but most of the time I'm very kind," said Peter.

"Next," said Mr.Sterling looking at the J94.

"I'm Albert sir," said the J94 nervously.

"I'm guessing your nervous," said Mr.Sterling.

"Well I'm sure it will pass," he said.

"Oh now you must be Tangmere," he said.

"Yes it is I Tangmere the Bullied Pacific and proud of it," said Tangmere.

"Ok now I already gave you all your jobs except one job," said Mr.Sterling.

"I need someone to pull the special first train," he said.

All the engines instantly started arguing.

"Hold it you now what it's BR now if you guys are still acting as rivals then I just going to bring a visiting diesel to pull the train, good bye," said Mr.Sterling.

The next day the visiting diesel backed down onto the train leaving 4 very cross steam engines sulking in the shed.