Some Unexpected Difficulties

Blake awoke to Yang gently shaking her shoulder, telling her to get up. 

"Blake, it's 2PM." She shot up, looking at her in disbelief.  Yang pointed to the clock on the bedside table, a chuckle escaping her lips. "You looked a little cold so I covered you up and let you sleep in." 

"I looked cold? It was hotter than hell in here last night." Yang stood walking to the door.

"It gets like that sometimes, but it's always cold in the morning, no matter the season." She explained, "Now come one before brunch gets cold." Blake was behind her in seconds, following her to the door. "Also, might want to fix your bow, your ears are showing, unless that is you want to hide them from Weiss and Penny, too?" Blake looked at her perplexed, parting from her to peer into a mirror hanging up, sure enough it had come undone. 

"You don't... care?" She looked at Yang through the mirror, who was watching her with a warm smile. 

"I trust you." She patted her shoulder, walking off. Blake watched her go, fixing her bow and following shortly after. 

She walked into the dining room, studying the people who were already eating. 

"Good afternoon!" The orange haired girl said, watching Blake come in. 

"Penny, Weiss, this is Blake, she'll be getting rid of the Grimm for us." 

"Penny is staying with us for a few more years, she's an android. Ironwood wanted us to watch her to show her how to care for delicate things." Yang explained, pulling out a chair for Blake. 

"I'm Blake, I uh hunt Grimm and stuff," She smiled to Penny, then looked to Weiss, who was watching her, a blank expression on her face. "You must be Weiss, it's nice to meet you." 

"I'm pleased to meet you." Weiss takes a bite of toast, looking back to her plate. 

"Now that the introductions are out of the way, let's eat!" Penny said, she had gotten Blake a plate of food and placed it next to her. She muttered a thanks, and tucked into her food.

"So you stated your sister, was a hunter?" Blake asked after a bit of silence.

"Yeah, she's pretty cool. She's out of town visiting our Uncle, the two of them are practically inseparable." Yang started, "She'll take out every Grimm or two that'll show up, but we've never had this many." 

"I see."

"Anyways, I'd never let her do this kind of job, with this many around. I'd hate to see her hurt."

"So you employ somebody else so they can get hurt instead?" Weiss replied, glaring at Yang. 

"Excuse me?" Yang looked at Weiss with just as dangerous of a gaze.

"And a faunus too, Yang that's real low of you!" Weiss practically hissed back. Blake bristled, shooting a wide eyed look toward Weiss.

"What does her being a faunus have to do with any of this?!" Yang stood, raising her voice. "How did you even find out?" 

"I heard Ruby's door open last night, I was curious. I inspected it and I saw her ears." Weiss brushed her hair off her shoulder, sending a cold look towards Blake. "But I guess that doesn't matter because your sister isn't getting hurt." Venom dripped from her voice. 

"Ladies! Calm down!" Penny was standing now, sending disapproving looks to the both of them. "We're better than this, come on. Who cares if she's a faunus? None of you cared when I told you I was an android."

"But she could be part of the white fang!" 

"Guys, seriously stop, look." Penny opened the window, more Grimm were appearing, some walking out from the trees. She looked to Blake, a look of sympathy on her face.