Sunrise & Hot Cocoa

Friday

The night was frigid, harsher than any other day this winter. Looking out my little window, peeking through the covers, I was able to see the snow falling in an abundance. All the trees and mountains for as far as I could see were covered in an enormous white blanket of snow.

Buzz Buzz

Throwing myself to turn to my nightstand, I shield my eyes from the brightness of my phone screen. Another message... from Ash. Not interested in reading the message, I decided to put my phone down after clearing the message from my lock screen. I shut my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

Saturday

BEEP... BEEP... BEEP... BEEP...

Hitting my alarm till it shuts off and again, face my window to stare at the view. It never matters what mood I'm in, the view of the sunrise over the trees and mountains never fails to bring a smile to my face. My Dad would always look out at the view and thank God for it every day, so I do the same... I keep everything the same...

Slipping my feet off the edge of my bed into my blue velvet slippers, the wooden floor creaks beneath my feet as I make my way over to the dark wooden ladder. As I quickly hop down the ladder, I skip the last two steps since the duck tape I use to keep it together is not always... secure. I slide down the hallway and spin around the corner over to the fridge. Hot cocoa is exactly what I need... Searching through the fridge and cabinets to make some, sadly I remember that I couldn't afford groceries this week. Sighing I facepalm myself and slink into the old dining room chair. Holding my head between my hands I take a deep breath, slowly breathing out, and watch the cold air from my lungs escape my lips into dragon breath in front of my eyes.

I am not letting myself hide here... I tell myself over and over again everything will be the same, and everything will be okay in the end... but I can not try and even bring myself to deal with the issues in my life throughout each day without starting off my morning with hot cocoa.

I run over to my bright red coat hanging on the wall... Staring at the cherry red jacket I realize I should probably invest in a new one since it is a Christmas color after all...

I throw on my fluffy white hat, my dark brown snow boots with the white fluffy rims, and sprint out the door of my little house. I take a glance back at it, say a quiet goodbye in my head and run as fast as I can downtown.